- Rated 1 out of 5Nice idea. Doesn't work.
You click the button, then you can select an area - over multiple pages is awkward to scroll.
Even if you select an area within the visible page, it doesn't work properly and what appears in Print Preview is clearly not the selected area alone.
At least needs ability to select more easily, or select frame.
- Rated 1 out of 5As of today, 20 March 2019, and for a long time before now, Capture & Print isn't working. Instead of printing the selected area of the page or document, it will print only the entire webpage. Complaint about this problem has been submitted before, but nothing seems to have been done about it because Capture & Print still isn't working correctly. Using Firefox 65.0.2 (64-bit) with Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS build 17134.648
- Rated 5 out of 5It did exactly what I wanted. I'm thrilled!
- Rated 5 out of 5Capture & Print is able to capture obscured images and other unprintable portions of a page, as well as select portion to print. Thanks!
- Rated 4 out of 5I have been using this for emergency print jobs for IBM's Daeja Viewone Virtual program, which doesn't allow for printing. There are workarounds to get to print, which simply require downloading the PDF, opening it and printing through Adobe, but I would rather view the documents first and see if I need to print or not. This allows me to highlight everything on the page and select the area I want to print, without saving. Yes, you would have to do this with every page you need, so some documents range from 1 to up to 25 pages, but it's a good work around.
I would have give the add-on 5 stars, but the additional step after highlighting, where I have to re-select what I want on the screen before it prints is a bit of an annoyance. If I want the whole page, there should be an one-click option to print the entire page. So, when I click "capture area to printer," which is the default, the entire screen gets highlighted yellow.... Great, this is what I wanted to be printed, but it wants me to re-select an area. If you can allow it to just print the entire highlighted area the first time (with just that first click, without re-selecting anything), it would be very welcome.
Also, if this is possible and I am unable to figure it out, please let me know. I've tried each of the options and I can't find that ultimate "one click print" feature that I feel is so close with this add-on.
- Rated 5 out of 5Really useful for keeping a record of text and pictures, anything that prints, in PDF or PNG, either on file or paper (if you prefer!).
- Rated 5 out of 5As someone mentioned before, it doesn't capture a selected area with Adblock Plus enabled (or in my case uBlock Origin). However, disable uBlock Origin and it works fine. Simple, easy and best of all, unlike Fireshot and most other screenshot add-ons, it has a print preview, where you can resize the image. Print Edit WE is nice, but only allows you to select elements. Screengrab! for some reason won't resize some images in the print screen (not sure if it's the size of the image, or that it crosses elements, or ?). I don't have the native Firefox Screenshots in 61.0.2, but with that tool, it's much more awkward, and you have to do extra steps (download) to get the print preview. If you just want to Capture and Print (but not edit or save) this a a good one.
- Rated 5 out of 54-17-18....Just noticed that Capture and Print is now working again in Firefox. Thank you for fixing this add on !! MY favorite app for clipping and printing info from various websites. I like it in particular for capturing then printing out product info /specs to compare items when shopping on the internet. This add on beats all the other snipping tools for simplicity and ease of use. Thanks again.
- Rated 4 out of 5Quase serviu, deveria mover por toda a tela mas para selecionar move apenas dentro do que esta mostrando no vídeo de maneira que não é possível selecionar o que esta abaixo.
- Rated 4 out of 5Under Firefox 57 and 58, Capture & Print did not work for printing until AdBlock Plus (ABP) was disabled. Clicking on the Capture & Print icon brings up the yellow overlay and allows selection of the area to be printed. Next, Print Preview comes up, but with AdBlock Plus enabled, the entire web page is previewed, as usual, not just the area selected for printing. With AdBlock Plus disabled, Capture & Print works correctly for printing. Capture & Print works correctly for copying to the clipboard, even with AdBlock Plus enabled.
Please fix Capture & Print so AdBlock Plus does not have to be disabled before printing and then re-enabled after printing. Thanks for updating the extension to work in the new Firefox environment.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHi, thanks for bringing that issue to our attention. However, please report the problem to the ABP authors, since as you're describing it's an issue caused by their add-on, thank you.
- Rated 5 out of 5Cette application est excellente, ceci dit, elle vient d'être mise a jours pour FF Quantum, mais elle ne fonctionne pas correctement pour la selection, donc actuellement elle n'est pas utilisable. Je pense que cela va être corrigé très vite
- Rated 5 out of 5This is one of may favorite add-ons! However, when Firefox updated, it stopped working & there is no other app that does what this one can do. Today, I found out that it fnally updated to the new version of Firefox but it is still not working properly.
** UPDATE ** So happy it finally works as it should! Thanks to the reviewer who posted that disabling Adblock temporarily will allow the app work as intended. Perhaps the creator would consider adding a note so that everyone using this app may benefit.