Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13730996, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hey there, take a look at Browser Console to know about your add-on's error. Keep up a good work.
- by mibird, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5seemingly good help to browse with more privacy, complex work.
since update from 17dec, blocks all web-pages :(I currently face weird problems. Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with all your details (versions, settings, etc.) so that I can find the root cause.
EDIT: please try version 0.4.4
- by Fred Thompson, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Description claims there is a whitelist option but...there is no visible way to see, let alone edit, such a list.The whitelisting was hidden by the last release. You can whitelist by setting the desired blocking mode for the URL specifically. If you want to whitelist an URL just give it an "allow everything". You can still whitelist a site from the notifications. I should definitely clarify the description...
Adding an URL specific block mode:
go to options, click on the triangle next to the blocking mode, enter the domain you want to whitelist, click on the plus, now you can set the blocking mode for the domain.
PS: you can still enter something in the white list by checking expert mode, open the export settings page and entering something in the whitelist field.
EDIT: Is the screenshot of the settings not explanatory enough?
EDIT2: It's easier for us to communicate on github. If you have any questions - just open an issue. Here the communication is slow and not relyable.
EDIT3: please try version 0.4.4 - there the whitelist is available again.
- by Registrierter Benutzer, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5reverted to 0.4.2 as 0.4.3 (all) is blocking pages, either when firefox starting with last session, or login to AMOCan you please file an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with more details. I already know that there are problem but I'm not able to spot them because I never had a reproduction scenario.
EDIT: Have you tried any of the Beta versions? https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/releases/
EDIT: Please try version 0.4.4
- by Firefox user 13600531, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is a fantastic add-on for users who are concerned about privacy while surfing the web because it efficiently detects and blocks/fakes canvas fingerprinting. I use CB on all my machines with Firefox (52-ESR and >57) and it supplements nicely other privacy-related add-ons. Based on my own experience, I can also confirm that it receives superb support by a very helpful and responsive developer. Clearly a must-have five-star addon!
- by Firefox user 13567263, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Funktioniert bei richtiger Einstellung korrekt. Schneller support. Danke!
Works fine if settings are correct. Fast response. Thanks!I will look into this issue (progress can be seen here: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/161). The faking is working fine on https://browserleaks.com/canvas
EDIT: They are using a very big canvas (400 000 pixels) to do the fingerprinting. It works fine if you disable the "Maximal fake size" ("Maximale Vortäuschgröße") setting. I will adjust the recommendation accordingly.
- by Firefox user 12596004, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very configurable and useful tool if you don't want to be easily fingerprinted. In 1000 years it will be common knowledge to install in every Firefox. For now, we're the lucky ones that learned about it.
- by Firefox user 12636919, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Seems to cause issues with direct links to images. When this addon is activated only a white page is displayed instead when the domain is loaded for the first time. Deactivating the addon and reloading the link makes the image show up correctly. Afterwards the addon can be re-enabled again without making the image disappear again (only lasts for the session, restarting firefox breaks it again).
FF ESR 52.5.0
The issue has been resolved, the author created a separate version. Great support!This issue was already reported to me. But I'm not able to reproduce it on my end. Please create a new issue on github with the informations to reproduce the problem (Firefox version, installed Addons, CB settings, URL to the not working image and if the problem is still present when a fresh profile is used): https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/new
- by DarseZ, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Apologies, but this is an honest question: What would be the purpose of the add-on having access to 'all website data' such as banking/email login information?You can look at the code (either at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/ of you can download the xpi-file, change the extension to zip and look at the content). It does not store any private information or sends anything to a server.
UPDATE: I just realized I did not answer the question. The addon does not need access to login information (and does not use it). But there is no techical difference between the information the addon needs access to (the canvas and JS that are used for fingerprinting) and other information. I would gladly only take the permission to access the information that I only need - it's just not possible.