Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by RDT1, 6 hours agoRated 5 out of 5The perfect add on to stop HTML5 Canvas Fingerprinting. Throwing on block all excluding whitelist shows just how many sites become unusable with their tracking. Even trusted sites like Duckduckgo.com, reddit.com etc.. keep up the good work!
- by Ano Nymous, 8 days agoRated 4 out of 5An sich funktioniert das AddOn sauber.
Ein Stern abzug gibt es für das etwas fummlige Menü und es bremmst den Browser merkbar aus.
Selbst beim Browser-Start braucht es ein paar Sekunden, bis es 100% läuft.
- by DomRay, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Dear，how can I change language of the addonThe language of the addon is controlled by Firefox and should be the same like the other UI of Firefox (if CB is translated to that language). If this does not work properly pleas comment at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/479 with the language your Firefox is and the language that is displayed instead.
- by The GodFather, a month agoRated 5 out of 5This is a very helpful extension. Could you add a whitelist button directly in the app menu ?
- by quonzo, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Spoof Timezone, spoof WebRTC and CanvasBlocker will be the best antidetect extension ever!Spoofing the timezone is not trivial (see https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/464). WebRTC might be worth a look. Please open an request at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues
- by Firefox user 14428109, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Great extension!
I would like to submit a suggestion, would it be possible to allow shortcut key to duplicate a tab in another profile?
Developer responseposted 2 months agoI'm not sure what you mean by "in another profile". Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with an exact description of your suggestion/request.
- by Lucky0609, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Hello kkapsner, I have been using your extension in my work for two months now, on the whole I am very pleased, I would really like to talk with you personally about your CanvasBlocker extension, I and Russia, and I am writing to you through a translator, I will leave you my mail email@example.com and your telegram @LuckyStrike06 write to me or leave your contacts, I will wait, I will be very grateful if you give me some time
- by Maleficient, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Mister Korbinian Kapsner, hello,
Here is the French translation of CanvaBlocker ; in uft8 with WinMerge ; I hope there is no problem with the accents used in the French language.
It was long and very difficult, because you don't have to master a language, but computer science.
Computer dictionaries are not pedagogical ; the definitions are often worse than the word itself.
Sorry, for taking so long to finish the full translation.
Link valid for 30 days ; click on the French words :
Valider et télécharger le fichier
- by Harry Haller, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5Unfortunately, after installing CanvasBlocker in FF 74.0 (64-Bit), Twitter doesn't work any more. Maybe, there would be a setting to prevent this, but sorry, this should be set by default, since Twitter is a very common network. Also other common sites like translate.google.com don't work any more.Both sites work fine for me with default settings. Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with all your details so we can sort this problem out.
There we can communication better and you can track the progress of your problem.
- by Dewnan, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5I have a conflict between Privacy Badger and CanvasBlocker when starting FF or restarting with my restart_firefox.uc.js script, it stops at loading ex: google.com (home page), I press F5 then it loads.
Disabling Privacy Badger on google solves it... anyone else have this problem?This kind of behaviour was already seen but could not be reproduced in FF 73. Please add your system information at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/388. This issue is currently closed but can be reopened.
- by surrealisme, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Hello, interested in the check mark "Share persistent randomness between domains", if you remove it, I realized that each domain will have different data, if you turn it on, a warning that there will be a leak, the question arose, what can domain x request from domain y? and what result will it get if this checkbox is disabled and the request is receivedYou can read the background of this flag in https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/290
To be short: this flag makes you 100% unique and trackable across all domains. The use case for this was not to prevent fingerprinting but to disguise. Not quite the main focus of CanvasBlocker but it seemed useful for some folks.
In general I highly discourage you to from using this flag unless you clearly understand it and it suits your need. If you use it you have to reset your persistent random number generator quite frequently.
PS: domain x cannot request any additional data from domain y but the faking will add the same "randomness" to the API readouts and this information can be used to be tracked.