- Rated 5 out of 5Unfortunately Canvas Fingerprint spoofing does not work, your test website, browserleaks and panopticon reports unique identifier even though the addod reports successful block. Tested with and without other addons, the result stays the same.
Audio and DomRECT API seems to work just fine.
EDIT #1: That would explain it, I do have privacy.resistFingerprinting enabled. Thank you for the links they were a good read on the subject and I apologize for jumping into conclusions without searching about the issue beforehand. Perhaps a notice in the addon options would help people like me stop taking the stars away. I give back what I took :)
Developer responseposted 19 days agoDo you have privacy.resistFingerprinting enabled? If yes the result is expected (and OK). See further information in https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/158 and https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/issues/767
If you do not have it enabled please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with detailed informations.
- Rated 5 out of 5Absolute amazing job !
Please make a defender for font fingerprinting also. You have the skills as the only :-)
- Rated 4 out of 5Love this extension. Whitelist feature was not so obvious until I came to write this comment and saw the screenshot with address bar icon :D
Still, I believe UX might be further simplified. I'm thinking along the lines of Chameleon, FoxyProxy, NoScript, etc with multipage popups.
- Rated 3 out of 5I can't find a way to exclude Google Maps (unless I exclude all of Google, which I don't wanna). And this makes Google Maps totally hang always.
So, basically either this add-on or Google Maps.
Would be 5 stars if it had a better way of excluding URL patters.
- Rated 5 out of 5Seems to work quite well, was having an issue with cb and privacy badger would result in pages not loading at startup but latest alpha seems to have fixed that
Developer responseposted 4 months agoDo you have Privacy Badger installed? I can replicate your issue when both are installed (CB has to be activated first to reproduce it). But please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues to discuss your problem in details.
- Rated 5 out of 5I have only heard good things about CanvasBlocker! So i decided to try, and im sure its great, i just wish there would be a dummy guide for non tech savy people like me.
I dont know why it works on some sites, and not on others? On YouTube its working directly and i can see many fake readouts, but on many sites it doesnt look like its active? The icon is green and i cant see any notifications about fake readouts.Having some sort of Q&A/wiki page is on my list. If you have specific questions you can always post them at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues
Some sites do not use fingerprinting. That's why the icon is green and no notifications show up. But keep in mind that not all notifications mean that a fingerprint is generated. Also legit use of the APIs can trigger the notification. It's just an indicator that CB did something.
- Rated 3 out of 5Settings are overly complicated.I always try to simplify the settings, but the subject is complicated. If you have specific settings that you think should be simpler you are welcome to open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with your suggestions.
- Rated 4 out of 5Fantastic add-on, and something that has been sorely needed for some time.
But I'd like the ability to whitelist certain sites for troublshooting. I didn't see that option in the settings.
Update: Thanks for the info! I see the whitelist now.
- Rated 5 out of 5Works great, tested both "block" and "fake" modes on https://www.deviceinfo.me. 5 star!