- by Safo, a month agoRated 5 out of 5This particular stack: canvas/webgl/audiocontext/fonts from the same repo was my go to stack for defending against fingerprinting. I liked it because it used to give you a prompt when you visit a site that attempts a fingerprint. It doesn't appear to do that anymore. Which is a shame. Lots of stiff competition, maybe if the dev reinvented the stack for web testing on sites with prompts and empashised this purpose, rather than just passive usage, they might find a good market for it. Despite this drawback, still a great stack as the extensions do what they're supposed to do.
- by Firefox user 12054699, a year agoRated 5 out of 5It is a very good and useful add-on to protect yourself in this online wave where many websites and servers try to exploit user data without appropriate discussion, espeically when for younger generations where the awareness of online security and true freedom is becoming more vital than ever before.
- by Firefox user 13094496, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This addon seems to work as advertised. I do wonder about one thing, which is that the pop-up that notifies me when fingerprinting attempt is happening, also has an "Activate" button on it, which is confusing because, according to the author, once installed it is active. I have clicked on the "Activate" button several times and each time it pops up the button is still there. It makes little sense to me. But aside from that, it's good. I recently tested it on Browserleaks.com and it changed the fingerprint each time I refreshed.
- by Nealis, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Passed the Panoptick test with all the other defender addons from ilGur the author of this addon. So it works, I only request maybe consolidate all the "Defender" addons into just one instead of 4 separate ones.
- by Mark, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works great, was using CanvasBlocker and noticed it impacting performance, testing with speed-battle.com CanvasBlocker was reducing my Render from around 150 to 20. I removed and tried this plugin and my Render went UP! Plus on browserleaks it worked flawlessly and even gives little notifications.
Highly recommend, without even losing performance!
- by justposted, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on (and its siblings from the same developer) behaves nicely. It alerts you to fingerprinting attempts, appears to successful obfuscate your fingerprint, based on a number of testing sites I have tried. It asks for minimal permissions and you can toggle the alerts from the toolbar icon. The website it links to explains the functionality clearly.
The only thing missing is that it is not a Recommended Extension and/or endorsed by an objective organisation, ideally the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
I also wonder how necessary this is. Firefox claims to resist fingerprinting nowadays (https://blog.mozilla.org/firefox/how-to-block-fingerprinting-with-firefox/), but my assumption is that this is a more paranoid effort, which suits me. I would be interested to know more.
- by Firefox user 15037285, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Vérifié avec browserleaks.com. Cette extension rapporte une fausse valeur différente à chaque nouvel affichage de la page : il fait son travail, bravo !/Verified through browserleaks.com. This add-on reports a different fake canvas value each time you refresh the page, it does what it's meant to do, yay!
- by Firefox user 15328459, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5why this addon doesn't have 5 stars? I have no clue? it does exactly what it is suppose to do and the dev deserves more credit...In response to the review below me saying this plugin is broken? well I just checked browserleaks and it does report a DIFFERENT signature every time I refresh the page.... bottom line is it works fine....