Rated 4 out of 5by X-loade, 3 years ago
Works as intended when testing with fingerprint testers although https://coveryourtracks.eff.org shows that canvas fingerprint is randomized witch by itself is fingerprint so might be kinda useless in this state if website uses good enough fingerprints
- Rated 5 out of 5by Safo, 2 years agoThis particular stack: canvas/webgl/audiocontext/fonts from the same repo was my go to stack for defending against fingerprinting. I liked it because it used to give you a prompt when you visit a site that attempts a fingerprint. It doesn't appear to do that anymore. Which is a shame. Lots of stiff competition, maybe if the dev reinvented the stack for web testing on sites with prompts and empashised this purpose, rather than just passive usage, they might find a good market for it. Despite this drawback, still a great stack as the extensions do what they're supposed to do.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Jonma, 2 years agomy guy, developer, what is this "unique user agents" and "unique fingerprints" that i see showing in the browserleaks . com / canvas ? It doesn't seem to change no matter what i do. I even tried different versions of the browser and even different browsers and still keep showing the same value. Another value that doesn't seem to change is the crc value of the IHDR chunk on the PNG headers.
- Rated 4 out of 5by cccslater, 3 years agoworks really well.
i do wish that all the different fingerprint defender addons were just one addon, where you could turn on or off the different protections.
i would also love to be able to temporarily turn off fingerprint hiding from within the addon menu (rather than having to go to about:addons).
would also love to be able to whitelist sites i trust. (see ublock origin which does all of the above very well)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12054699, 3 years agoIt is a very good and useful add-on to protect yourself in this online wave where many websites and servers try to exploit user data without appropriate discussion, espeically when for younger generations where the awareness of online security and true freedom is becoming more vital than ever before.
- Rated 3 out of 5by FRANCIS TURBO, 3 years agoThe idea is good but does not work I made 3 connections with screenshot to confirm. With VPN │Without VPN │Incognito
My fingerprint always remains the same and the technical demo knows if I am in private mode. I invite you tried.
I'll contact the developer to see what he thinks!