by Firefox user 15155556, 3 years ago
Rated 5 out of 5
ilGur PLEASE RESPOND: Your App is fantastic but HOW do I/we turn off the popup that alerts us to an attempt to fingerprint blocked (or change the popup timer to 0.5 seconds or faster)? Option to disable alerts would be fantastic!
- by Jonma, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5my guy, developer, what is this "unique user agents" and "unique fingerprints" that i see showing in the browserleaks . com / canvas ? It doesn't seem to change no matter what i do. I even tried different versions of the browser and even different browsers and still keep showing the same value. Another value that doesn't seem to change is the crc value of the IHDR chunk on the PNG headers.
- by cccslater, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5works really well.
i do wish that all the different fingerprint defender addons were just one addon, where you could turn on or off the different protections.
i would also love to be able to temporarily turn off fingerprint hiding from within the addon menu (rather than having to go to about:addons).
would also love to be able to whitelist sites i trust. (see ublock origin which does all of the above very well)
- by Firefox user 12054699, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5It is a very good and useful add-on to protect yourself in this online wave where many websites and servers try to exploit user data without appropriate discussion, espeically when for younger generations where the awareness of online security and true freedom is becoming more vital than ever before.
- by X-loade, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Works as intended when testing with fingerprint testers although https://coveryourtracks.eff.org shows that canvas fingerprint is randomized witch by itself is fingerprint so might be kinda useless in this state if website uses good enough fingerprints
- by FRANCIS TURBO, a year agoRated 3 out of 5The idea is good but does not work I made 3 connections with screenshot to confirm. With VPN │Without VPN │Incognito
My fingerprint always remains the same and the technical demo knows if I am in private mode. I invite you tried.
I'll contact the developer to see what he thinks!
- by Firefox user 13094496, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This addon seems to work as advertised. I do wonder about one thing, which is that the pop-up that notifies me when fingerprinting attempt is happening, also has an "Activate" button on it, which is confusing because, according to the author, once installed it is active. I have clicked on the "Activate" button several times and each time it pops up the button is still there. It makes little sense to me. But aside from that, it's good. I recently tested it on Browserleaks.com and it changed the fingerprint each time I refreshed.
- by Nealis, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Passed the Panoptick test with all the other defender addons from ilGur the author of this addon. So it works, I only request maybe consolidate all the "Defender" addons into just one instead of 4 separate ones.
- by Tx, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This is an out-of-the-box working solution, no strange and alchemic configuration needed. Works as expected.
Some sites stop working well, i would apreciate a whitelist option.
- by Mark, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works great, was using CanvasBlocker and noticed it impacting performance, testing with speed-battle.com CanvasBlocker was reducing my Render from around 150 to 20. I removed and tried this plugin and my Render went UP! Plus on browserleaks it worked flawlessly and even gives little notifications.
Highly recommend, without even losing performance!