Rated 3.6 out of 5
3.6 Stars out of 5
- by Mark, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Works great, was using CanvasBlocker and noticed it impacting performance, testing with speed-battle.com CanvasBlocker was reducing my Render from around 150 to 20. I removed and tried this plugin and my Render went UP! Plus on browserleaks it worked flawlessly and even gives little notifications.
Highly recommend, without even losing performance!
- by justposted, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on (and its siblings from the same developer) behaves nicely. It alerts you to fingerprinting attempts, appears to successful obfuscate your fingerprint, based on a number of testing sites I have tried. It asks for minimal permissions and you can toggle the alerts from the toolbar icon. The website it links to explains the functionality clearly.
The only thing missing is that it is not a Recommended Extension and/or endorsed by an objective organisation, ideally the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
I also wonder how necessary this is. Firefox claims to resist fingerprinting nowadays (https://blog.mozilla.org/firefox/how-to-block-fingerprinting-with-firefox/), but my assumption is that this is a more paranoid effort, which suits me. I would be interested to know more.
- by Firefox user 15037285, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Vérifié avec browserleaks.com. Cette extension rapporte une fausse valeur différente à chaque nouvel affichage de la page : il fait son travail, bravo !/Verified through browserleaks.com. This add-on reports a different fake canvas value each time you refresh the page, it does what it's meant to do, yay!
- by Firefox user 15328459, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5why this addon doesn't have 5 stars? I have no clue? it does exactly what it is suppose to do and the dev deserves more credit...In response to the review below me saying this plugin is broken? well I just checked browserleaks and it does report a DIFFERENT signature every time I refresh the page.... bottom line is it works fine....
- by Firefox user 15155556, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5ilGur PLEASE RESPOND: Your App is fantastic but HOW do I/we turn off the popup that alerts us to an attempt to fingerprint blocked (or change the popup timer to 0.5 seconds or faster)? Option to disable alerts would be fantastic!
- by Philipp Bielefeldt, 9 months agoRated 2 out of 5Unfortunately, it seems broken (on FF 60.7esr at least), reports the same fingerprint signature on https://browserleaks.com/canvas every time. It might still be useful to detect fingerprinting attempts by websites.
Furthermore, even though it is marketed as open-source software, the authors don't link to any repository of their code, so I was unable to see what it does.
- by Firefox user 13955374, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5Unfortunately the addon doesn't seem to work in the latest version of FF (67.0.4 64-Bit), the canvas fingerprint attempt gets detected, however the reported values always stay the same. I've used browserleaks and one more website for testing but result stays the same.
P.S. I wasn't able to submit a bugreport on your website, it throws an error each time.
- by JanKKM, a year agoRated 1 out of 5This addon does not change the canvas fingerprint, at least not the one tested on browserleaks.com
About the people complaining about the fingerprint being unique: If an extension changes the fingerprint it is still unique but not persistent which makes you less traceable.
- by stanwmusic, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I could NOT stop the popup from popping up telling me it was doing it's thing! And it covers vital needed parts of tabs so I was constantly clicking the fool thing and I sometimes clicked a tad off and closed my entire browser and lost all my tabs etc. So a minute ago I had had enough and removed it .
- by Thany, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Does not make my canvas fingerprint less unique according to panopticlick. I'm still 1 in 1.9M, which is pretty bloody unique.
Yes, I've closed and reopened the tab, I've done Shift+F5 (which opens the devtools?) and everything. The result stays the same: this addon doesn't appear to do anything.
- by Jezze, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Doesn't make my canvas fingerprint less unique. amiunique.org still tells me that my similarity ratio is below 0.1% which means I have a very unique canvas fingerprint.
- by Firefox user 14082665, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Canvas Fingerprint Defender has a bug on chrome, i tested it also on firefox has this bug.
Canvas Fingerprint Defender will cause website auto jump failure.
you can reproduce in this link:
no matter login or register, page does not auto jump.
Maybe make a option to keep a same Canvas Fingerprint for a while like 5 minutes would solve it.
- by Firefox user 14038904, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I love this Firefox addon, the reason I gave 3 stars its because it will always show your fringerprint in the first session, if you refresh, them it will change it, but the first one, it will always show your real one.
But, well done! I am considering donating to see if they can fix this issue.