To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Needs a lot of work! Rated 1 out of 5 stars
This extension is a good idea, but it doesn't work well right now. Among the problems:
1. If I empty my cache, then go to youtube.com to view a video, I would expect that video to be the largest item in my cache. However, sorting the cache by size, I find the largest thing is an image. If I enter some text in the search field, then the video is finally visible in the list. Using the reload button or closing and reopening the CacheView window doesn't help.
2. CacheViewer doesn't give the choice of viewing only the disk or only the memory cache.
3. If I choose a cache item and use the "save as" feature, CacheViewer starts to download the item from its original source on the Internet. If it's in my cache (especially the disk cache), why not just copy the file from the cache?
4. Pressing any hot-keys while CacheViewer is open will cause the "save as" window to open. Even the hot-key for closing the window.
5. While CacheViewer is open, it's not possible to open some other browser windows, like the add-ons window or even CacheViewer's own preferences window.
This needs a lot of work...