To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
"...a great example of how tools can make searching much more fun... lets you easily jump between various search engines and discover more topical search databases." --MakeUseOf.com
"The Best Firefox Add-Ons Of 2011" -- Ghacks
Watch this screencast (4:26) to see how Boounce incorporates 1000+ search engines into your browser and into Google and Bing.
Boounce discreetly suggests specialty search engines inside your Google search results (pic) (This feature can be disabled)
- Suggestions based on your query
- Weed out duplicate results while boouncing between Google, Bing, and Blekko (pic)
- Display alternative search icons horizontally or vertically
Optional, hideable, dynamic toolbar with 1000+ search engines (pic) (This feature can be disabled)
- Toolbar can be toggled open and closed with a single click
- Browse and search for groups of sites to compare
- Add/Delete/Organize sites and groups via simple drag and drop
- Right-click on webpage search fields to add your own boounceable sites
- Share groups and sites with others
New in 0.5--
- Highlight text on a webpage to boounce it
- Suggest groups of sites to search as you type in the toolbar search field
Search engines Included:
Google, Bing, Yahoo, Blekko, Twitter, Ask, WolframAlpha, Duck Duck Go, Lycos, Snap, Amazon, Flicker, IceRocket, Twicsy, Youtube, VideoSurf, Omgili, SocialMention, Wikipedia, and over 1000 others. Full Search Engine List.
Search engines in the default theme are organized into groups:
Search, Images, Video, Downloads, Shopping, Social, White Pages, Yellow Pages, Music, Gaming, News, Torrents, Finance, Jobs, Real Estate, Weather, Programming, Health, Apps, etc.
- Tested with FastestFox, Xmarks, SimilarWeb, StumbleUpon, and Google Toolbar
- Advised to "Allow all from boounce.com" using NoScript (blocks duplicate filtering of Google and Bing search results)
- Please report incompatibilities
- Don't forget you can instantly select sites to search by typing in the group selector! This is a huge time saver for sites you search often. "include sites in autocomplete bar" needs to be selected in options (is by default).
- Access the options menu by click on our logo when the toolbar is expanded. Most of the features can be toggled.