* Plain English Version *
Boomtango respects the privacy of our users and we recognize that your web history belongs to you. As such, we will:
* NEVER collect, sell, or share your personal web history.
* NEVER aggregate your personal web history to personally identify you or your web browsing habits.
* We MIGHT use some anonymous information to determine the best advertisement to display if we decide to include advertising. For instance, if you do a search, we may use content on that page including the query to help display relevant advertising. We will ALWAYS do this in such a way to protect your identity.
* We may aggregate some usage and metrics to help build, maintain, and debug the software. For instance, we may count the number of unique users or page views who use certain features or services during a given time period.
* If you register for any Boomtango service, including our help and user forums, we will NEVER identify or connect that information to your personal web history.
If you have any questions or concerns, email us at: email@example.com
* Official Legalese Version *
Information we collect and how we use it
We do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
* Information you provide: In certain situations such as commenting in our help or forums, we may require personal information so that we can confirm your identity. We will never use this information for marketing purposes or sell it to third parties.
* Log information: When you access Boomtango services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
* Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
* Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
* Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
* Developing new services.
Boomtango only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Boomtango in the following limited circumstances:
# We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
# We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Boomtango, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Boomtango employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Boomtango's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Boomtango and an individual.