To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Combines bookmarks and tabs from the same site into site launchers on the toolbar. The launchers can be used either to switch to a existing tab or open a new one if none exist.
About this Add-on
A launcher combines bookmarks and any associated tabs into a single icon on the toolbar. Launchers can be added by:
- Dragging/dropping a tab into the launcher area
- Dragging/dropping a bookmark into the launcher area
- Adding/moving a bookmark into the QuickLaunchBar folder through the bookmarks manager
- Clicking on a launcher without any open tabs opens the first bookmark listed for that launcher
- Clicking on a launcher with one or more open tabs cycles through the tabs in that launcher
- Using the mousewheel while the mouse is over a launcher cycles also cycles through the tabs
- Right clicking on a launcher shows a menu providing access to the tabs/bookmarks and site history for the launcher
- Grayed-out icon: there are no tabs open for this launcher
- One dot: there is one tab open for this launcher
- Two dots: there are two or more tabs open for this launcher
- Red: a tab in this launcher is selected
- Blue: a tab in this launcher has changed title (for example, a new e-mail was received)
- Green: a tab in this launcher has not been read
Launchers can be reorganized by dragging/dropping them. Currently, all other bookmark management is done through the built-in bookmarks manager. You can add/move/delete and modify bookmarks from there.
Several different sites can be grouped under one launcher. This can be done through the bookmarks manager by moving the desired bookmarks to the same folder underneath the QuickLaunchBar folder. Note that moving one bookmark within a particular site will cause all bookmarks in that same site to move to the same launcher.
The launcher will use the icon of the first bookmark in the folder. If the launcher folder is not given a name, Booky lists all the sites in the launcher as the tooltip text.
By default, Booky uses up to 30% of the toolbar for displaying launchers, configurable through the preferences. Any additional launchers appear in an overflow menu at the right end of the launchers.
- Added a management page for launchers. Shows tabs, bookmarks and history for the launcher. Allows removing / reordering bookmarks, removing items from history.
- Added icons to preferences
- Launchers with multiple sites now use the icon from the active tab, defaulting to the first bookmark if no tabs are open