- Rated 5 out of 5by Tippy Tapsy, 5 years agoGibt kein besseres Addon, als dieses hier, tut was es soll! Danke.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Stefan, 5 years agoGreat add-on! Really cleans up and in a modern and usable fashion
- Rated 5 out of 5by Marcos Japiassu, 5 years agoGreat extension! Congratulations!
- Rated 5 out of 5by NightOwl, 5 years agothanks for your reply
i checked again and found two things:
some working links were only reported as broken when the tracking protection in Firefox (disconnect.me / basic protection) is on; i know it was stated to set it of, but i thought since v.2.x the add-on would take care of that, sorry my fault
(just for info, these were some of the links: http://statcounter.com/ ; https://www.forbes.com/ ; http://www.ip-tracker.org/ ; https://twitter.com/ ; ...)
still, with tracking protection off, there are some other working links reported as broken; it seems to occur when a site redirects to a localized version
(e.g.: bookmark = https://www.seagate.com reported as broken, but it opens https://www.seagate.com/be/nl/ ; also bookmark = https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/default.aspx reported as broken, but it opens the same link) ; (note: a second run gave the same result)
hope this helps, thanks again for this very usefull extension, 5 stars now
about a month ago i had problems with the add-on hanging at the last bookmark check(s); all fixed now in version 2.x, works like a charm (also fast: 1600+ bookmarks scanned in a few minutes)
4 STARS ! (only reason for that one star less is that some working links are reported as broken (e.g. twitter) but i understand some false positives are nearly inevitable 'cause site settings, etc.)
big thanks to the developerThank you very much! :)
In my tests I didn't have problems with twitter. Could you tell me the exact URL of the bookmark? I would like to investigate this. Also: did you run the check a second time and was the same working bookmark reported as broken again?
Thank you for your help!
- Rated 5 out of 5by ankit, 5 years agoworks like a charm
- Rated 5 out of 5by happysurf, 5 years agoVersion 2.0 works like a charm.
Remember (if the API allows it) the reload favicons feature. :-)
Thanks.Thank you very much! :)
Once such a feature will be possible I will add this.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12831979, 5 years agoff59, plugin v.2.0.
finally all troubles fixed, works as intended.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Óscar, 5 years agoGenial, al acabar muestra de manera muy fácil los marcadores con problemas y su posible solución.
Great! when it finishes it show in an easy way the bookmarks with problems and an easy workaround to fix it.
- Rated 5 out of 5by catweazle1, 5 years agovery useful addon for me and works fine here with Fx 59beta, it founds all duplicate and invalid Bookmarks, great work!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12926776, 5 years agoPerfect for cleaning up my bookmarks
- Rated 5 out of 5by syldub, 5 years agoVery good addon and very good design !
The only lacking features:
- an option to be able to disable the http to https redirect warnings.
Because I use an automatic http to https redirector (extension : Smart HTTPS), so all HTTP urls are in Warning...
- a new functionality to be able to list the empty folders
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13263956, 5 years agoBrilliant addon. Makes it so easy to correct redirects, remove duplicates and to edit broken links. Have patience it does take a while to finish checking the last few bookmarks.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13546027, 5 years agoI'm a tab girl, so I can bop back and forth between screens and not lose the page I was just on. This works exactly like I want to have everything right in front of me! THANK YOU! **NOTE** This review is for "Open Link with New Tab" add-on...my mistake!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Spam Spam Bacon Spam, 5 years agoTHIS EXTENSION WORKS FINE!....
I read a lot of complaints here about slowness or freezing, but decided to try it anyway.
I opened it up via the toolbar button and started the process of checking "broken bookmarks."
The extension found 11,348 bookmarks (total) and checked them - at a pace of about 1,000 per minute.
Then, when the field "Checking Bookmark Number" reached bookmark # 11,290, it seemed to stop counting up (freeze?), but the activity throbber was still moving.
Unsure, I went into developer tools and checked the activity, and saw that the page was not frozen and the extension's script was still working.
FYI: I use 2 PCs on my desk, so I turned my attention to my other PC and did some things on that one. About 10 minutes later, I turned back to the PC with this extension running and lo and behold, the "Checking Bookmark Number" counter had ticked up to bookmark # 11,292.
Realizing it was just gonna take some time for the "problem child" bookmarks to be checked, I let it go overnight.
This morning, I found the extension had completed it's job and I was able to delete duplicates, remove broken links and edit others, all right within the results window (tab).
The process of editing is a bit slow (one at a time), but I'm sure the developer will attend to that in good time.
All-in-all, well done. Thanks to the developer, we now have a bookmark checker for 57+ and we'd not had one for years!
Great job, developer!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Stelioss, 5 years agoIt helped me to clean up my bookmarks and reduce their number by one third.