- by syldub, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very good addon and very good design !
The only lacking features:
- an option to be able to disable the http to https redirect warnings.
Because I use an automatic http to https redirector (extension : Smart HTTPS), so all HTTP urls are in Warning...
- a new functionality to be able to list the empty folders
- by Firefox user 13263956, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Brilliant addon. Makes it so easy to correct redirects, remove duplicates and to edit broken links. Have patience it does take a while to finish checking the last few bookmarks.
- by Firefox user 13546027, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5I'm a tab girl, so I can bop back and forth between screens and not lose the page I was just on. This works exactly like I want to have everything right in front of me! THANK YOU! **NOTE** This review is for "Open Link with New Tab" add-on...my mistake!
- by Spam Spam Bacon Spam, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5THIS EXTENSION WORKS FINE!....
I read a lot of complaints here about slowness or freezing, but decided to try it anyway.
I opened it up via the toolbar button and started the process of checking "broken bookmarks."
The extension found 11,348 bookmarks (total) and checked them - at a pace of about 1,000 per minute.
Then, when the field "Checking Bookmark Number" reached bookmark # 11,290, it seemed to stop counting up (freeze?), but the activity throbber was still moving.
Unsure, I went into developer tools and checked the activity, and saw that the page was not frozen and the extension's script was still working.
FYI: I use 2 PCs on my desk, so I turned my attention to my other PC and did some things on that one. About 10 minutes later, I turned back to the PC with this extension running and lo and behold, the "Checking Bookmark Number" counter had ticked up to bookmark # 11,292.
Realizing it was just gonna take some time for the "problem child" bookmarks to be checked, I let it go overnight.
This morning, I found the extension had completed it's job and I was able to delete duplicates, remove broken links and edit others, all right within the results window (tab).
The process of editing is a bit slow (one at a time), but I'm sure the developer will attend to that in good time.
All-in-all, well done. Thanks to the developer, we now have a bookmark checker for 57+ and we'd not had one for years!
Great job, developer!
- by Murks, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Does anyone at Mozilla really WORK with Firefox bookmarks and use more than 10.000 bookmarks ?
How do you find the folder of a result URL after searching ?
How do you jump to the folder of a result URL after searching ?
Now that Go Parent Folder and Show Parent Folder (alice0775) are omitted, for power users Firefox is almost as useless as Chrome.
Concerning the ancient bookmark user interface, why should anyone use Firefox instead of Chrome ?
Sorry for being off topic, should not explain colors to the blind.
- by DrummerBoy, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Simple and straighforward. Glad that it has the ability to delete the duplicate bookmarks right there within the add-on itself. The broken bookmark feature sometimes churns and churns and doesn't seem to finish, but that could be something on my end. Nice add-on.
- by rmbg, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Really nice addon. Works perfectly with the latest firefox. The only problem I think it has is that when searching the wrong bookmarks, sometimes it takes a while if there are a lot of mistakes of the bookmarks, and the screen doesn't show any results while it's working in progress. I think it would be better to display the list of found mistakes while it's still working. And adding a pause function would save those who don't want to wait. But anyway a good addon!
- by Firefox user 13440250, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Where have you been all this time?
My bookmarks grows rapidly -and wildly- until reach around 1.500 bookmarks since I was in college
now, whenever I want to re-organize this, verify each one of them, dammm, I am sooo lazy just to see the number of my bookmarks.
With this add-on,
my laziness got satisfied even more. just a few click, then maybe yearly task already been done in just a few minutes. fiuh. thanx a lot
a little improvement by the time I write this review,
https://anti-theft.kaspersky.com/ = is still correct. yet, your result = https://hq.uis.kaspersky.com/ErrorPages/404.htm?
- by VividGirl69, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5It helped me out a few times. Sometimes I forget to log out of my one account, and when I realise Firefox / Google have already synced my Bookmarks & Extentions , leaving 100's of duplicate bookmarks everywhere. - Unorganized. This Extention sorts out the mess. Just be patient ... If you have more than a 1000 bookmarks, it takes a while.