- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14644415, 25 days agosuite a mes déboire avec un profil abimé et l'extension bugué (ver:4.1.0), la version 4.1.1 me fait remettre 5 étoiles pour cette formidable extension et surtout merci a sont concepteur pour avoir répondu a mon e-mail. ;)
Developer responseposted 25 days agoThis is not true at all. The Bookmarks Organizer works with Firefox ESR 102. You can't use the latest version but you don't need the latest version. There were no new features at all. Firefox ESR 102 is EOL so there is no point in supporting it with newer versions of the add-on.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Giorgos, a month agoVery useful add-on for bookmark cleaning.
Suggestions for the next version:
1. Ability to run on specific Bookmark folders only
2. Ability to filter (as well as apply cleaning) specific Bookmarks or Bookmark folders in results
3. Ability to save backups for bad bookmarks before deletion/correction
Using checkboxes in tree view for 1 and 2 would be great
- Rated 4 out of 5by Panos K., 2 months agoExcellent addon. Lately seems to have a bug that causes the addon to not finish checking. I submitted an issue on Github.
Addon v4.1 seems to be OK. No more neverending loop. Checking 277 bookmarks completed as expected.
Firefox Nightly 118.0a1 (2023-08-16) (64-bit)
- Rated 4 out of 5by silvatek, 6 months agoSuperb at sorting out the wheat from the chaff, but I need something which will help me organize bookmarks. To be fair, this does what it claims to do, but it's only halfway to what I need.
- Rated 5 out of 5by yuleself, 6 months ago很方便的小工具。如果清理书签时，能实时显示结果就更好了。Very handy little tool. It would be even better if the results can be displayed in real time when cleaning bookmarks.
- Rated 5 out of 5by MrMorph, 6 months agoEverything worked as advertised for me and saved me a lot of time going through nearly 3000 bookmarks. It scans and finds all the dead ones and problem links like HTTP to HTTPS. It also helped me remove duplicates. Perfect - thanks; I sent the cost of a coffee your way :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Eeeee, 7 months ago對要整理很多書籤的人來說是款很方便的附加元件，用了這款附加元件才發現我的書籤已經快要多達三千條了，但是介面的繁體中文翻譯得有些不完整待改善。Thank you very much! As I don't speak Chinese at all it would be great if you could make suggestions for the Chinese translation on GitHub if you think that it could be improved. Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sean, 7 months agoThis extension is GREAT. I've been wanting to clean up my bookmarks but did not know where to start. This extension removed broken links, changed http, to https, and helped me find links with no titles. It is a great way to get started on cleaning up my bookmarks. Thanks for creating this extension!
- Rated 1 out of 5by relem, 7 months agoNo instructions, goes off and starts a menu item, then never finishes. It will count up the items reviewed, but stops about one half to one third of the way through the entire set. just the 3 balls bouncing.Instructions for what? You just have to press one button. And I got zero (!) bug reports for the current version. So even if you say you have a problem it's clear that you didn't report anything to me. Please don't abuse add-on ratings for support but contact me on GitHub to get help. This kind of behavior is to blame when developers stop providing free add-ons for Firefox.
- Rated 4 out of 5by RaXelliX, 8 months agoWould it be possible to add Dark Mode in the future? It hurts my eyes looking at the white screen when checking thousands of bookmarks.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Nibinaear, 8 months agoAfter using it it seems to have too many false positives. I'm having to scroll through my 4000+ bookmarks and check every red one to make sure it's not deleting anything it shouldn't. E.g. it assumed youarelistening.to was invalid but there's nothing wrong with that link.
Also, you must make sure you are using a vpn otherwise it will delete anything like torrent bookmarks which don't connect without it.
At this moment I can't see the button I will push when I finally want to delete all the remaining red ones.Nothing will be send to an external service at all. Bookmarks Organizer just send requests to the URLs of your bookmarks to check if they still work.
If you only have a question - Why did you give a bad rating?
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mugitus, a year agoThe extension finds duplicate bookmarks, but these have to be evaluated one by one. There is no bulk processing option. Also it is not shown in which bookmark folders the duplicates are stored. So, for me the extension is useless.That's not true - It *is* shown where bookmarks are stored. And yes, the duplicates mode is limited but it's a) not the primary focus of this add-on and it's b) already clear *before* you install the add-on - there are screenshots showing the features. So I don't understand the reason for such a bad rating. The half is not true and the other half is not a surprise.