Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 14306928, 15 days agoRated 3 out of 5It's a decent tool but it has a bug(s)! It does finds the dupes o'right but it also cannot distinguish between nuances of urls. e.g. I saved bunch of google searches for later, it sees them all as one dupe! And regarding real legit dupes, there're no commands or buttons to deal with the dupes in one fell swoop but rather you have to sit there and manually click on every dupe checkbox to take action.
The Find Broken URLs is a good feature but many websites like linkedin, facebook that do not allow webscrapers see it as a threat causing BookmarksCleanUp to generate a false positive report that the bookmark is broken or dead. The average person using this add-on needs to see friendlier http errors such as "the target web url does not allow remote checking!" as opposed to http 404!
- by What???, 21 days agoRated 2 out of 5It does an excellent job in checking for broken and invalid links.
However, the detection and selection of duplicate bookmarks falls very short.
It often gives false positives where it detects a bookmark as a duplicate if starts with the same url but is actually a different url. This is deadly and a huge bug imo.
There's really no way to SELECT ALL the duplicate bookmarks with one button. You have to select each folder and so on. Not efficient.
Finally, there's no instructions and developer hasn't updated the add-on since October. Looks like he's abandoned it.
- by higoodjob, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Thanks for you and your extension which i use most frequently, but i find an issue that after i merged duplicate folders, the order of these bookmarks has been changed. Could you fix it please?(firefox dev 77.0b5)
- by endo lith, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5I wish it could only delete duplicates with the same names, tags, etc. It's based purely on matching URLs, even if the other things are different. I don't want to lose any information.
- by Olamagato, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5The extension is well thought out. Searching and removing duplicates works decently. Deleting empty folders and joining duplicate folders too.
In contrast, the search for broken bookmarks should be improved.
First of all, most broken links are result by any reorganization of the URLs. And this means that in addition to the problem with the link, you should also check if there is a problem with the web server itself. Because if the server is running and its default address is available, the link may not be eligible for removal. This add-on does not check it, but it should. Therefore, the URL should cut off everything after the domain name and check the connection again. Because if the server is actually unavailable and also gives a 404 error, it means that the link can no longer be repaired and restored. I miss that.
- by Mitchell, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5It seems to work great. No major issues with the extension so far. I do want the developer to address the following:
2. Minor Issue: The menu name ("Bookmarks clean up") is the only one of my extensions that isn't in title case. It would be more consistent if it was "Bookmarks Clean Up".
- by Firefox user 14398247, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Although I had to apply the same operation several times before the result stuck, this was the third extension I tried but the first that actually allowed me to do a simple cleanup: first delete all duplicates that share a folder, and then evaluate the relevance of the duplicates that have been placed in different folders.
The extension offers one click removal of empty folders, but there's no manual inspection possible so I don't feel in control with that function.