Rated 3.7 out of 5
3.7 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 14956528, a year agoRated 3 out of 5After switching from Chrome on firefox, I was looking for a replacement for the "Papier" extension, I found only one similar - Board.
At first I was satisfied, It worked without problems. But after one of the next update Firefox I saw with horror that all my text was gone, the default text is only displayed. I thought it was a one-time glitch and continued to use, but a month later I ran into the same problem!
Now I can not trust this extension. I can not understand why this happens. Other installed add-ons don't lose data when updating the browser. I tried to find the file where the text is stored, I realized that the data is stored in localStorage and found database (AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\***.default\webappsstore.sqlite), but there was only new text.
Dear developer, I'm not sure it's your fault, maybe Firefox, but please, can solve this problem?
P.S Sorry for my bad English.
- by Firefox user 14155409, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Por fin una extensión de pestaña nueva sin añadidos superficiales como la hora, la información del tiempo o fondos de pantalla de embarcaderos cochambrosos.
- by Firefox user 13678151, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent and nice work.Perfect substitute of Papier when migrating from Chrome.
As other people commented, my only minor "con" is the sometimes intrusive floating popup. I agree with previous suggestions: an option for it to be toggle off or stuck in a corner, or to make if float to the left of the text.
Another suggestion: word and character counters (but the addons is perfectly fine without this).
- by Firefox user 13676255, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I used to use Papier for Chrome and really loved it. I switched to Firefox and was stoked to find Board, which is almost the same. My only feedback (and key to a 5-star review wink wink) would be that the text formatting pop-up obscures the text line above and is annoying. I often create blank lines below so I can click into one so the text formatting pop-up is out of the way, but I'd much rather have formatting to be placed somewhere else on the page or to the left of the current line.
It would also be amazing if Board could sync with all my Firefox browsers. I could scribble on Board on one of my computers, and my notes would appear on any of my other computers that have Firefox synced. Even if syncing had to be initiated with a save button (to avoid the logistical nightmare of multiple users trying to write to the same board) would be okay.
- by Naved, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5The new tab loads almost instantaneously, and the functionality is solid. Just a nitpick is that the floating formatting bar does block a lot of content. Maybe that could be turned off, and only keyboard shortcuts are used instead?
- by Ray., 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Moved from Chrome and was just wishing I had this in Firefox! Like the formatting popup.
Would it be possible to switch between the default new tab that shows top sites and Pocket news, and Board?
Developer responseposted 3 years agoRIght now the APIs are still in progress to achieve the "switch" part, but for time being, you can temporarily disable addon when you want to use pocket and top sites. Hope that helps.