Review by hentaitenshi
Rated 3 out of 5by hentaitenshi, 4 years ago
Worked great for a long time but now it blocks everything, sites I know are safe, even my email and online banking are being blocked. It's now more trouble than it's worth.
Developer responseposted 4 years ago
The WebExtension version has not changed a bit on how it does work or worked regarding the previous "legacy" version, so any additional details you could bring about your issue would be of great help given that is not the case for everybody, thank you!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Script_Coded, 3 months agoBlocks bloat and seriously reduced Firefox RAM usage. Memory used by ad domains went from 2 GB to basically 0.
Would be nice with a whitelist for sites I'd actually like to support. Or have it be open source so I could PR that in myself :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Lᴇsʟɪᴇ 🏳️⚧️ Tɪᴛᴀɴɪᴏ, 10 months agoDesconozco si aún funcione, pero es un complemento que no debe faltarme.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Kenneth, a year agoI've been using this extension for years, no problems. All of a sudden, it started using very high power and up to 100% disk, freezing the entire computer every time I opened Firefox! Disabled Bluhell and everything is back to normal. Thanks for your reply, but honestly, I isolated every single extension and yours was the problem; I don't understand it myself. Everything is fine now with Bluhell disabled.
Developer responseposted a year agoThanks for the report. Did you checked whether there is something wrong in your Firefox profile? Please note this extension does *not* access the disk, so your statement about using 100% of it is rather surprising - like freezing the whole computer - and therefore there may be something else wrong in your profile, you may want to try to "Refresh" it as documented here: http://mzl.la/15sSfJR
- Rated 3 out of 5by hkc94501, a year agoWhen it works it does so silently and quickly but it has blocked some OAUTH login transactions that should be trusted. This might be a result of the 12/5/21 update but I don't visit the problem sites often enough to know for sure when the problem first appeared. I was having problems with Patreon.com and Washingtonpost.com turning off Bluhell fixes the problem.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Anutrix, 2 years agoBreaks a quite few sites. Latest site it broke is Jenkins BlueOcean.
- Rated 3 out of 5by pdqdl, 2 years agoI'm often not sure whether to accept it's rejections. Fairly often, my regularly used websites are blocked every time. For example: My business' GPS vehicle tracking site is always blocked, and it doesn't even feature so much as a single advertisement.
It would be nice to have an option to allow some sites automatically.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12097049, 3 years agoThank you so much !!!
Had lost hope that you were going to upgrade Bluhell for the new Firefox.
Simply the best ... Speed is flying again ... everything works smoothly.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Gaudy, 3 years agoFinally !!! long ago I took it for dead... but its resurrected! Thanks
- Rated 5 out of 5by Thomas Leon Highbaugh, 4 years agoTBH I have a few adblockers installed, they don't really cancel each other out just filter the crap out better if arrange properly. This is the only one that warns me about legitimately dangerous sites before traveling to said site without blocking internal network connections or otherwise benign sites while also being strict enough to be the only one to attempt to block these resources.
Good job, highly recommend