- by Firefox user 16489886, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5It used to work perfectly but recently I've only been able to block videos and channels that appear on the ''top row'' and not the videos that load in once you begin scrolling down. I only have the normal YouTube option of ''Not Interested'' which never works anyway because that video will keep showing up.
- by Nico, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5I gotta be real honest, this app is a godsend. Especially when it comes to people happily leaking videos online and/or spoiling a game as it comes out.
Get this, please.
I'm bumping my review down to three stars due to it suddenly acting finicky and refusing to block videos in a private window for Firefox.
It used to work fine, but now it seems to be really iffy. Until this gets fixed, I am not comfortable giving it five stars.
Please fix this.
- by Shodan, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I've been using this addon for months now and loved how my youtube can be super clean. I somehow cannot block anymore channels now. The two buttons of 'block video' and 'block channel' seems to be missing in some videos and I can't even add the channels using the blocktube options page. Would really hope this to be fixed as soon as possible.
- by Terg500, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Great alternative after Video Blocker got too slow and unstable.
My only suggestion would be to add a channel whitelist feature so channels you are subscribed to etc. won't be affected by blocked keywords. I wondered why some videos in my subscription box would show on my tablet but not on desktop.
EDIT December 2020: Several times blocked channels got through every now and then in the recommended videos section.
- by Firefox user 13968690, a year agoRated 3 out of 5its work kinda but not for multiple channels for example i want to hide multiple channels in trending but its work only on one channel i used channels id and names both work only on one
- by tlmesi, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Works as advertised. Straight up blocks videos/channels right out of your eye holes.
It does what it says on the tin well, but doesn't do what I had intended to use it for well.
I had intended to use this to fine tune my recommended section in the home page, blocking the channels I was already subbed to (thinking they'd be left alone on the subscribed page), but this addon straight up removes everything without prejudice. I'm not faulting it for that, as it's doing what it's meant to be doing. I just wish there was a way to use this how I had hoped to. In any case, it'll work fine for blocking channels I have no intention at all to watch.