- by Threesom666, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5One of the better Add-ons I like. My only displeasure is a some has said it doesnt block pop ups even if it blocks the site. I would also like import, exports, and sync of lists along with more options but besides its good and its the best option out there. I love it and recommend it! Great Add-On.
- by ben-agaric, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Nice and simple. Just works. The list of sites to block, reached by editing the add-on's preferences, is crowded like the 1990s Yahoo.com homepage and makes my eyes want to skip over it, so i have to sort of force myself to recall that the place to add new sites to block is just above that, but other than that cosmetic quibble this extension simply does exactly as it says — blocks sites — without the temptation of setting times that sites are available which leads to wasting time tweaking settings.
- by Esoteric Snarge, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5SafeMode showed FF getting hit by first hijacker in many years.
The sleazy "myfirsttab.com" search settings redirect con
Immediately added it to your Block Sites along with its very long link to the adware/crapware sites:
us.search.yahoo.com/* -and- www.reimageplus.com/*
Bang, dead. At least Bing Searches are no longer sent to those intrusive Yahoo SOBs!
Now I have to waste an hour or more on a stinking Firefox refresh to hopefully purge the hijacker.
Thanks for giving us the ability to create a blacklist WITH re-redirects!
Very handy little add-on.
- by Firefox user 13276601, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I was using this to block wiki hits on my searches and it was working great, but now it seems to have turned itself off. Or more likely I did something to turn it off. (idiots use wiki)
- by andres garcia, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5is good if you block pages the bad is that you can enter add-ons and disable or delete it
(es buena si bloquea paginas lo malo es que pueden ingresar a complementos y desactivarlo o eliminarlo)
- by Firefox user 13353532, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Doesn't work. Doesn't block sites. You add them to the list and the pop-unders keep apperaring anyway, so you add to the Blocksite list again and get the message: This is already added to the list." Really? Then why do you keep allowing it to open up again if it's already added to the list? Plus, why are you forcing me to give it a rating star by making it a 'required field'? That's cheating. You are stealing reviews. This is a negative review not a positive one. I don;t want to add a star I want to remove the stars. Stop cheating on the reviews, guys.
BEWARE: In order to post a review they force you to give them a star, which is simply cheating and lying to people. Blocksite needs to fake its ratings.
- by Firefox user 13649811, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Nice and easy.
It would be nice if the settings can be protected with a password.
It is a matter of time before my kids figure out and delete the extension or remove the settings:)