Still Mac OS X CPU overuse issue Rated 3 out of 5 stars

I have installed the beta version 1.15.1b, the result is better but I still have a permanent CPU load between 10 and 20% of one core, which disappears if I deactivate your extension again (with FF Mac OS X) with the same tabs active (one forum, gmail and igoogle).

This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.14.0). 

Some CPU usage normal but probably still too high

Sorry to hear it's still eating your CPU. The extension does do some polling of the Gmail page to listen for interface changes (listening for compose, inbox, etc). This happens every half second or so, so I am not surprised that you are experiencing some increased CPU usage. That said, it may still be using more than we would like. Perhaps I can add an option to change the polling interval so that it doesn't check so frequently for people with slower machines.

For what it's worth, BC Gmail Sigs v1.15.1 in Firefox 4.0b8pre my CPU usage on the Gmail inbox page is about 2-6% on my work computer. It uses 1-3% of hte CPU when running in the dev build of Google Chrome. This is definitely worth revisiting. Thanks for mentioning it.

"Known bug fixed" ? Rated 3 out of 5 stars

Re your answer about my previous comment, I do have version 1.14.0 (published beginning of october) and I have the CPU overuse problem with FF Mac OS X with this version, I don't understand when you say "fixed with new version"... ?

This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.14.0). 

fixed again

Sorry, try this:

Rated 3 out of 5 stars

After using it for quite some time on FF Mac OX X, I realize it has been the cause of a permanent and excessive use of CPU (almost one core 100%) for a long time (through various versions of FF and this extension) when I thought it was a general problem of FF under OS X (so much that I got use to always close FF when not actively surfing to preserve CPU).

I had to inactivate it and my FF is back to normal again, if I reactivate it, CPU high usage again...

This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.14.0). 


Known bug due to changes in Gmail interface. Fixed for new versions.