by Firefox user 14633814, 3 years ago
Rated 1 out of 5
I've used Endnote's extension for Chrome which, although imperfect, gets the job done, especially with online sources. In FireFox, BibItNow failed to give me anything close to a usable RIS citation for websites.
- by Firefox user 15431286, a month agoRated 4 out of 5I find the choice of RIS option helpful and works as expected. The extension defaults the date to 2022 without noting the date on the reference. Additionally, APA 7 has updated not to include the day retrieved which needs manually changing.
Otherwise great app!
- by Firefox user 15492198, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Generally it is an excellent tool,but there are also some advice for the plugin. If this plugin can export the xml document that can be recognized by Microsoft Word,it will be better.
- by Firefox user 11833568, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Almost perfect.
I just need to figure out a way to add/customize reference styles.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi.
Thanks for the feedback. I am thinking about extending the format string system used for the link at the popup bottom to define custom styles. With the newly added support for regular expressions, it should be flexible enough to produce citation styles.
Thanks for the suggestion.
- by Firefox user 13201984, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5A Godsend! Lets you easily import references to exactly YOUR reference manager. Super! In my case, I needed the RIS support. Terriffic that it works in both Firefox and Chrome (and more).
- by ingstra, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is great. Super convenient! I use it all the time when collecting references now. Saves time not having to look around for a (sometimes nonexistent) "export citation" button.
- by Firefox user 14015892, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very nice tool to help scientists and other depending on citing other works regularly. In case something doesn't work one gets support very fast and a fix is sent out soon after. As a theoretical physicists, makes my everyday work notably easier.
- by Firefox user 13944980, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5In general this is a great add on. I'm using EndNote X7.8, and the RIS format apparently is not working properly. I don't know if there is something missing from EndNote itself though, as I'm not using the latest version (I don't want to upgrade before finishing my thesis). Excellent approach to disentangle the citation hassle, especially for online references.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThanks for letting me know! I will look into the EndNote problem asap (I am currently working on custom bibkey format strings, which take some time). Mendeley so far had no problem with the RIS output, but things might have changed.
EDIT: Fixed the problem. It seems like Endnote is stricter about the spacing between identifier and the hyphen. It should work in the next version which comes out the end of this week.