Rated 5 out of 5
5 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13266151, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Very useful addon. Would be nice to be able to leftclick on a result to view it directly, instead of doing rightclick->view image.
Edited to add: Awesome, thanks!
Edited after testing:
Works fine! It seems that quite some webservers send headers/mimetype or something that cause firefox to display the save as dialog instead of displaying the image. Not the addon's fault ofcourse but maybe there is a way to prevent this as the browser does find a way to prevent the save-as dialog when doing middleclick to open in a new tab or rightclick->view image. If nothing else works a solution could be to generate html with just an image tag that shows the image at 100%.
- by AL, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Super simple and just works. The developer seems responsive to improving it, which is really refreshing. The proliferation of sites blocking the viewing of background images has been driving me crazy, so this extension has been a great addition to my Firefox.
- by bythec1, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5The Shift-Ctrl-Right Click option worked perfectly! Thank you for your rapid response! Changed rating to 5-Stars!
- by ShiraRead, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Awesome.
And here's a suggestion. You could add a hotkey or another way to use it on images where right clicking doesn't open the context menu.
Edit after dev response: Thanks! Ctrl+Right Click and Shift+Right Click do work for the different cases I've encountered for now.Thanks for the feedback!
If you're referring to cases such as YouTube videos where a custom context menu replaces the original one, you can use Ctrl+Right Click or double right-click to see the original context menu in Firefox.
If the original context menu also does not show the button, then either there are no images under the cursor (e.g. some pages uses special fonts to print icon images, in which case behind! cannot open the font character as an image), or the add-on is unable to access those images (e.g. due to browser security precautions, behind! cannot work on iframe tags).
- by happysurf, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Very useful tool, but please open the images in a new active page not in background.
EDIT: Five stars after version 0.2.2.