- by Rick, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5is there any reason that this extension Requires the Permission "Access browser tabs" ?
The original extension Behind The Overlay - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/behind_the_overlay/ which has been updated earlier this year doesn't require this Permission, why is that ?
it says right under "About this extension" that it "Requires no special permissions." but apparently it does.
- by Sydney, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I don't think I've ever reviewed an extension, but man, what a find. Thanks so much for making it. I get very sick of closing overlays and finding the little "x" in some corner of it or some light colored "close" link. They get sneakier and sneakier about making you actually read the overlay to find a way to close it. Now when I see one, I know right away I can click on the X in the toolbar and it will disappear. So satisfying.
- by Firefox user 11016758, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5because of the new GDPR & f.. overlays as a result : perfect, _because_ of its non intrusive _simplicity_ based on the browser itself , thx - works fine. !
- by Rob, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works well for me on some sites
Companies are always looking for ways to beat these extensions, which is not the fault of the developer
The cluttering of the url/location bar with the icon is the only drawback I can see
I understand you want easy access as it may be used often, but the fact you can organize everything so easily in Quantum means you can put it in your favorite extension icons spot
Thanks for all your efforts!
- by Majik Fox, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works just fine for me on Quantum. Media outlets are starting to figure out that extensions like this exist and they're making the floater canvas their main content container, so I imagine it'll stop working soon.
- by Wok, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Could you make it so that we could remove the icon in the url bar? It is annoying because it is a cross, just next to the cross to stop the loading of pages. So it is easy to misclick. I only use the shortcut anyway, I don't want this icon.
- by Dawn91, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I had the previous version for a couple of years and then it stopped working. I uninstalled it and then just saw this improved version today. It works again! Wonderful, thank you!! :)