- by kstev99, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great add-on. Very useful. The icon is now in the actual address bar unlike the original "Behind the Overlay". Other than that, I really can't tell much difference between the two.
One feature that I wish it did have is the ability to remember sites and ALWAYS remove overlays from a certain site. Some sites nag you constantly and it would be nice if the extension just remembered and blocked those overlays.
- by WoolyBug, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Was going to use, but you state it needs no special permissions, however, when I go to install it it says it needs "browser tabs access"
The original "Behind the Overlay" which I can still use, requires no special permissions.
Sorry, but I can't trust someones add-on when they say the opposite of the truth.
- by Rick, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5is there any reason that this extension Requires the Permission "Access browser tabs" ?
The original extension Behind The Overlay - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/behind_the_overlay/ which has been updated earlier this year doesn't require this Permission, why is that ?
it says right under "About this extension" that it "Requires no special permissions." but apparently it does.
- by Sydney, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I don't think I've ever reviewed an extension, but man, what a find. Thanks so much for making it. I get very sick of closing overlays and finding the little "x" in some corner of it or some light colored "close" link. They get sneakier and sneakier about making you actually read the overlay to find a way to close it. Now when I see one, I know right away I can click on the X in the toolbar and it will disappear. So satisfying.
- by Firefox user 13331000, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5This is a useful add-on that fixes the overlay annoyance on many websites. I'd rather the button hadn't been moved to the address bar, though; it was fine in the toolbar as it was before.
- by Discovery, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5This extension works well, but it would be better if overlays could be permanently blocked. I'm looking for a replacement of Poper Blocker, the only one that saved our settings and removed the chosen overlays permanently.