- Rated 3 out of 5by Tomski43, 17 days ago1) Englisch / 2) German
1) Only the subject of women is mentioned here and nothing else. But there are many types of insult and provocation. I am also annoyed by words that are repeatedly written incorrectly, including Anglicisms that are absolutely unnecessary in other languages.
That's why I prefer another addon: FoxReplace. There I can maintain my own word lists, including the export/import function.
2) Hier wird einzig das Thema Frauen genannt und nichts anderes. Es gibt aber viele Arten der Beleidigung und Provokation. Auch ärgern mich Worte, die immer wieder falsch geschrieben werden inkl. absolut nicht nötiger Anglizismen in anderen Sprachen.
Darum bevozuge ich ein anderes Addon: FoxReplace. Dort kann ich meine eigenen Wörterlisten pflegen, inkl. Ex-/Import Funktion.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17318200, 7 months agoAdd-on works as described. I'm enjoying the reviews written by people making thinly-veiled excuses as to why it's Actually Bad because they don't want to admit they enjoy the harassment of people other than themselves online, including totally original hits like:
- "waste of resources" (word replacers can be made in an afternoon by one experienced dev in their free time)
- "lolol imagine being incapable of handling a word, you should turn off the computer" (yet reviewer is incapable of handling letting a functional add-on exist without complaining despite there being plenty of other word replacers they don't care about, hmm - almost like they don't realize people are sick of seeing insults everywhere, so they have to frame it as a weakness/pull argumentum ad iram and call people "oFfEnDeD!11!" or whatever)
- "hurrdurr political virtue signaling it's a sign that Mozilla is going to die!" ("every cause/idea I don't like is virtue signaling so anyone who does it will go away soon because wishful thinking")
- "you can't shut everyone up" (when the add-on never claims to do this and isn't about this in the first place, as it's client-side and not server-side so it isn't silencing anyone...)
- single one-star review with no comment, i.e. "this is bad but I won't say why because I never even tried it and am bothered by its existence"
Not denying that companies can do more to attack the root of this issue, but I get the feeling that's not what these comments are really about.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17316520, 7 months agoCan't believe I only now discovered this! Great idea, but I wish you had the option to censor more than just derogatory words, like other swear words too.