Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Added the possibility to manually fill out form fields via their context menu.
This allows to insert data from the profiles while ignoring the form field rules.
- Added support for element ids as fallback if a form element has no name or label assigned.
- Added support to match form fields by position.
This new feature is currently a hiddden option and has to be enabled via about:config (matchAgainstPositions).
Position rules are identified by the character "#" adjustable via about:config (positionsIdentifier).
A rule matching always the second form element would be "#2".
Another rule matching the third element on the second form would be "2#3".
You can also combine matching form field names with matching form field positions:
A rule matching the second form field or fields with the name "test" would be "(test)|(#2)".
- Fixed a bug which caused form element labels not assigned to any form element to always match.
- Added new example dynamic tag to insert the current clipboard text content.
The dynamic tag code to access the clipboard text is this.getClipboardText().
- Updated czech locale - thanks to PetrTwo.
- Added the possibility to add a complete web form as Autofill Forms profile (by using the context menu of a form field).
- Added a workaround for the missing integrated help system which has been removed for Firefox 3.0b5 and later.
- Adding new rules to the start of the list (or right after the selection) instead of to the end.
- Added the regular expression for valid form field types as "about:config" option.
- Hiding passwords in the simple interface and in the rules list behind asterisks (*).
Passwords are defined by the label/name of a rule which is compared to a regular expression (regExpPasswordLabel in "about:config").
- Added a selection of the available profiles to the Autofill Forms menu popup.
- Fixed a bug preventing the proper selection of the best matching profile.
- The option autoSelectBestProfile is now enabled by default.
- The current profile is now declared best match for equal match lengths instead of the first matching profile in the list.
- Resetting the profile to the manually selected one after using the best matching profile.
This can be disabled by setting the "about:config" option "resetProfileAfterAutoSelect" to false.
- Added the possibility to restrict profiles to certain websites by setting a profile site rule.
- Added an option to automatically select the best matching profile dependent on the form url and the profile site rules.
- Editing a rule with the rule editor did not apply the changes automatically on confirmation.
- Added a more intuitive and much simpler interface to edit the field rules in addition to the main editing pane.
- Made several hidden features accessible on the settings page.
- Added button to reset all profiles to the simple interface pane.
- Made sure profiles always get a unique name (label change, import or adding of profiles).
- Slightly improved the default profile rules.
- Added a toolbar button without menu (but with context menu).
- Unsetting the fieldRules object after each fillForms call instead of keeping them in memory.
- Storing the profile labels as file if useConfigDirectory is enabled.
- Improved alternatives code and added alternatives support for selections and radio buttons.
- Added "about:config" option "useConfigDirectory" which allows to store the fieldRules, dynamicTags and dynamicTagCodes as files.
The files are stored in the directory "autofillForms@blueimp.net" beneath the Firefox profile directory by default.
This can be changed using the "about:config" option "configDirectory" - it is recommended to keep the default.
- Updated italian locale - thanks to gonzalopirobutirro and Godai71.
- Added (hidden) statusbar icon - can be made visible via about:config setting extensions.autofillForms@blueimp.net.hideStatusbarIcon.
- The settings page didn't allow to enable the global profile - the enableGlobalProfile preference tag was missing inside the XUL document.
- Selecting an item right after changing a textbox value does not fire any onchange/onblur events which resulted in the changes not being saved.
Applying the changes on the last selected item on a new selection as workaround.
- Changes applied if more than one item has been selected could result in the wrong item being updated.
- Adding the possibility to define a Global Profile, which is applied on form fields that cannot be filled out using the current profile.
- Applying the siteRule on the whole url, not just on protocol and hostname.
- Adding a validate button and result textbox to the dynamic tag editor.
- Added confirmation dialogs to removal methods (can be disabled via about:config setting "enableConfirmationDialogs").
- New hidden feature "matchAgainstLabels". Can be enabled via about:config by setting extensions.autofillForms@blueimp.net.matchAgainstLabels to true.
If enabled, matches the fieldRules against the textual content of label tags assigned to the current element if the element name does not match.
- Added a new help section: "Hidden settings".
- The focus is now set on the last form element match - this allows to submit autofilled forms by hitting the enter key.
- Pressing the delete key (keyCode 46) doesn't call the remove method anymore if a textbox is focused.
- The nsISecretDecoderRing methods encryptString/decryptString cannot handle characters above the Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) charset.
The usage of encodeURI/decodeURI on the fieldRule properties bypasses this problem as a workaround.
- Added Chinese (Traditional) locale - Thanks to Lu Ming-Tse (呂明澤).
- Added Midbrowser (Firefox for Mobile Internet Devices) GUID to target applications (BETA) - see http://www.moblin.org.
- If browser.preferences.animateFadeIn is set to true (which is the default on a Mac) the rule list had been hidden - fixed.
- FieldRule list now takes up the free space when resizing the settings window
- Rule editor list now takes up the free space when resizing the rule editor window
- Rule editor textboxes now take up the free space when resizing the rule editor window
- Tag editor list now takes up the free space when resizing the tag editor window
- Tag editor tag code textboxes now take up the free space when resizing the tag editor window
- Added possibility to deselect checkboxes/radio buttons by deactivating the "Overwrite" setting
- Added support for dynamic tags which can be used to insert dynamic data in form fields, e.g. the current date
- Added possibility to fill out forms on all open tabs via about:config setting "fillAllTabs"
- Added confirmation dialog before deleting a profile
- Removed "Apply" button for field rules - field rules are now updated as soon as the textboxes lose focus
- Updated documentation
- Added Hungarian locale - Thanks to Mikes Kaszmán István (Cashman) at babelzilla.org
- Added Italian locale - Thanks to Underpass, gonzalopirobutirro and Godai71 at babelzilla.org
- Added Polish locale - Thanks to teo at babelzilla.org
- Added Chinese (Simplified) locale - Thanks to simophin at babelzilla.org
- Added czech locale - Thanks to PetrTwo at babelzilla.org
- Improved default ruleset
- Dialog windows independent from parent window
- Highlight style using CSS declarations via about:config for matched and not matched form fields
- Added support for password fields - for password management please rather use the Secure Login extension
- Added french locale - Thanks to myahoo at babelzilla.org
- Added dutch locale - Thanks to markh at babelzilla.org
- Added support for textareas
- A new option defines a placeholder to create line breaks in textareas
- Extended help page to explain how to use placeholders for line breaks