To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Auto Save Document 184.108.40.206.1-signed
Autosave is a small extension, which can be used to store the currently shown document in a seperate directory automatically when browsing a certain site.
About this Add-on
If you click this small icon, the current page will be dumped, regardless if the site is in the autosave list or not.
NOTE: this extension is really, really simple! Only plain text is saved, no external .css,.js => the result may look ugly! The one and only intention for this extension is, to save the text for external parsing*) or similar! Look for Scrapbook etc. in case you want to store more than the plain text!
*) e.g. i wrote an external scanner.exe which parses all files in a special directory on creation. I used it together with this extension to scan the plain html text, parse it and extract some information, which i then put into a database.
- FireFox 220.127.116.11: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/22.214.171.124
- Seamonkey 1.0: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20060130 SeaMonkey/1.0
- Mozilla 1.7.12: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915
- fixed the backslash issue on UNIX based platforms
- fixed file picker. This was reported to be broken on FF 3.6 / Unix and should be fixed now
- some code changes to be more future proof
All those changes have been done by Mike.
Mike has tested the changes on OS X, i tested them on windows.
thank you very much for your help, Mike!
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: