To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
ArchiveFacebook is a free tool that allows you to save content from your Facebook account directly to your hard drive. Archive your photos, messages, activity stream, friends list, notes, events and groups.
About this Add-on
Why would you want to do this? Facebook has become a very important part of our lives. Information about our friends, family, business contacts and acquaintances is stored in Facebook with no easy way to get it out. ArchiveFacebook allows you to do just that. What guarantee do you have that Facebook won't accidentally, or in some cases intentionally delete your account? Don't trust your data to one web site alone. Take matters into your own hands and preserve this information. Show it to your kids one day!
Currently ArchiveFacebook can save your:
* Activity Stream
* Friends List
** USAGE **
1. Install the add-on and restart Firefox. This will add an "ArchiveFB" menu option to Firefox.
2. Log into your Facebook account.
3. Select ArchiveFB --> Archive from the main menu.
4. Wait. It will take several minutes to an hour to archive your account.
5. When the archiving has completed, you will see a dated "Archive" menu item added to the ArchiveFB menu. Select this option to view your archived account or open the ArchiveFB sidebar to see a scrollable list of your archiving sessions that you can access simply by clicking the entry name.
ArchiveFacebook was developed at Old Dominion University (ODU) by Carlton Northern and Mat Kelly. Michael L. Nelson (ODU) and Frank McCown (Harding University) serve as advisers. You can read more about the add-on in the research paper entitled "What Happens When Facebook is Gone?", available from the add-on homepage.
When running ArchiveFacebook, it may take several minutes to several hours to complete, depending on the amount of content to be archived. At the beginning of the process, Firefox will be temporarily frozen while it retrieves your activity stream.
This add-on has not been tested with other languages. Any help with internationalization would be much appreciated!