Rated 3.1 out of 5
3.1 Stars out of 5
- by GiPiero, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks for this addon. I'm looking for it as a substitute of Clipboard Plus in quantum because it seems to me the developer is very active here.
I've two requests, hoping you could add that. First, I think a keyboard shortcut (maybe customizable) is necessary for a comfortable use of the functionality. Clipboard Plus used ALT+A, but maybe there could be other comfortable options (maybe ALT+C, easier to remember?). Second thing, I think that the better way to separate the copied elements would be a custom string, including special characters such as \n, \t, etc... For esemple I often need to use "; " as separator, other times I need tab, sometimes I need double new line. Custom separator (and obviously a way to easily change it) would save me a lot of time.
I'm giving four stars, but I'll edit in five if the addon will be improved.
- by Firefox user 14189666, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5May not work for me. I'm using Mac OS 10.11.6 and Firefox 61.0.1 and I get no menu indication that this app is installed although Firefox indicates it is. If it is supposed to work, can you give a detailed instruction of how to use it? e.g. highlight text, click on Edit menu, etc. etc.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoAs per our correspondence and per the add-on description, the add-on features will appear with the context menu. The context menu appears once one uses right-click (or control-click for one-button mouses).
- by Firefox user 12824412, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I still use FireFox 56, to keep all my old addons.
Append-To-Clipboard only seems to work in version 1.1 with FF56
Version 2.0. of a2cb doesn't seem to append anything in FF56.
So 1.1 would be okay 4 me, but here the context-menu isn't cascaded, which I find nicer.
Anyhow good extension. I was looking for that one for a while.
As a suggestion, I think it would be fine if the user could configure his own separator,
Sometimes for example you want to create lines for a CSV file, then you need , or ;
Then again tabs would come in nice. Or whatever. There's a lots of usecases for appending text...
Even cooler if you could do the different types of appending using hotkeys such as Shift+A for append without sep, Shift+Ctrl+A for append with linebreak .. etc...
- by Firefox user 14090522, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Wouldn't copy and append from a text box on the web page. Reason for 1 star is that it is still in the context menu after uninstalling and restarting Firefox.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoFirstly, while I've added some code which should better ensure the existing context menus upon uninstall, in my own testing, this was already occurring. This is typically handled by Firefox itself in the case of a WebExtension (which this is).
Secondly, I've implemented the ability to copy from a text box (inputs and textareas), and a new version is awaiting approval to also allow copying link text or URLs.
In the future, unless an add-on is actually damaging your data, I think it's better form to contact the developer before giving strongly negative reviews, particularly for free/open source code...
- by maiamaia, 6 years agoRated 4 out of 5It works fine, except that you cannot clear the memory ever that i can work out. Perhaps by removing and reinstalling. [after reply] Thanks a lot, i will use it now! Do not thank me, it is me who must thank you!
Developer responseposted 6 years agoI've gone ahead and added a "Clear clipboard" feature. In the future, add-ons are supposed to be reviewed based purely on how they are advertised, so if you want a new feature, just ask for it. Thanks for the idea!
- by Mystique_r4, 8 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works fine however I would like to see more options such as allowing the user to specify each copied item to begin on a new line thus allowing a list to be created if need be.