Purpose of Appcover
Your IT department wants to know which work apps are important for employees' work. We gather a limited amount of personal data to enable this.
When is personal data being sent?
1. When you visit an app that's in your organisations' app library, you're asked about your use.
2. When you answer "for work", personal data is sent. We're not tracking the apps you use for personal purposes, hobbies, etc.
3. You will see a confirmation message the first time you answer, and later the extension icon will indicate the status of the current site.
Purposes for processing personal data
- Conveying app usage information for company admins - When you browse the websites of work apps, and confirm to the browser extension prompt that you're using this app for work, then a personalised daily pulses are sent for admins telling about your usage.
Processed personal data
- Email address
- App usage information (used apps, category (personal or for work))
- App pulses (daily app uses)
- Used browser
Sources of personal data
- Information admins provide to us. Admins give personal information to us when signing up for the, making an order, adding custom apps or inviting employees to the service.
- Information we collect automatically when you use Appcover: App usage information, app pulses and used browser.
Data transfer and data processors
- We use numerous partners in offering the service. All partners are carefully selected and use certification mechanisms to ensure appropriate level of data protection.
International transfers to third parties
- Some of data processors operate mainly outside EU. These data processors are certified on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, which guarantees an appropriate level of data protection when transferring data outside the EU or EEA.
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (databases, EU (Ireland))
- Auth0® Inc (authentication, USA & Privacy Shield)
- Cloudflare, Inc. (content delivery, USA & Privacy Shield)
- Heroku, Inc. | Salesforce (PaaS, USA & Privacy Shield)
- Intercom (customer support, USA & Privacy Shield)
- Rocket Science Group (email service provider, USA & Privacy Shield)
- Stripe Inc (payment processor, USA & Privacy Shield)
More details can be found at www.appcover.com/privacy/