Review by Blade711
- Rated 5 out of 5by asavage, 6 months agoDoes its simple task well, but does not always deactivate when use the "Off" option. I turn it off when visiting eg www.amazon.uk, where redirecting to smile.amazon.uk will not work (I have no account there).
Selecting the add-on's icon, then "Off" changes the reported option to show "Off", but subsequent page loads are still redirecting (and failing).
[one hour later]
The developer has already merged a fix. I've tested it (FF 107, Ubuntu) and have verified that "Off" now works. Outstanding, timely fix.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoUpdate: I have submitted the update fix for all browsers. I believe the Firefox one is live already. I'm no longer having the same issue. If you are still having problems, please follow the link to the GitHub issue and add a comment so I can follow up with you.
Thank you for bringing this bug to my attention. I have submitted an Issue on GitHub (where I have the files and maintain the code). I will try to get a fix out as soon as possible. If you want to follow the bug report it can be found here. https://github.com/webdevnerdstuff/amazon-smile-redirect/issues/107
- Rated 5 out of 5by ptq, a year agoWorks as advertised.
And also to counterbalance the 3 star review even though the bug was fixed quickly.
- Rated 5 out of 5by ffsl, a year agoEDIT: Issue below resolved by Dev.
Great tool as I frequently forget to go to the smile.amazon domain but seems to come unglued if I want to go to e.g. photos.amazon - constant login attempt loop.
Developer responseposted a year agoThank you for bringing this to my attention. I have added amazon.com/photos to the excluded list. This should fix the redirect loop issue you were experiencing. It will be in v2.2.1 once Firefox has completed the extension review process.
If you are still experiencing the issue after the update, please let me know on my issues page and I will take a look at it. https://github.com/webdevnerdstuff/amazon-smile-redirect/issues
Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will reconsider the rating. :)
Code release issue: https://github.com/webdevnerdstuff/amazon-smile-redirect/issues/92
- Rated 5 out of 5by blgo, 2 years agoIt does what it says: When I type amazon.co.uk in the address bar, it redirects me to smile.amazon.co.uk
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 5974554, 2 years agoTHANK YOU!!!!"
I kept forgetting that I had to sign into this site for my Prime purchases to be counted toward my charity of choice!
I've been so upset with Amazon about this weird issue w/the different site!
With this add-on, I just don't have to live in guilt and disappointment with Amazon or myself missing the opportunity to donate!
I have since been automatically signed into this site every time I get directed to Amazon from my search engine and have been able to get LOADS of donation money for my charity!
Thank you SO MUCH!!
Developer responseposted a year agoThank you for helping your charity of choice. It makes me happy to know my extension is making a difference to help those that need it most. :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by senator, 3 years agoYou developers are the best. I always had to look before hitting the order button because even when at smileamazon sometimes when looking for stuff, it would send me to a non-smile, regular page. Sneaky buggers. Now with the redirect, no worries at all. Great extension.
PS: wish I could contribute to you for this tiny program that gives such good results, but am 73 and do not have any decent income. I urge all those who can donate, do so and the more the better. Thanks everyone
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThank you for the kind words. Do not worry about contributing to me for this extension. Using the extension and helping benefit non-profits is my main objective. :)