Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by JoshD, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on does what it is supposed to do and is faster than other smile url rewriters. I once used 'auto smile' which would wait for the whole page to load before requesting the smile URL but this add-on does it right and seems to send the modified request immediately.
- by Firefox user 13685852, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent extension, makes me happy that I can so easily support my favorite charity.
One problem: infinite redirecting when I'm not logged into Amazon.
- by Firefox user 13625030, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works like a dream. I typed amazon.co.uk into the Firefox address bar and this add on redirected to smile.amazon.co.uk. So grateful, as I really didn't want to install Amazon's redirect solution, Amazon Assistant. The sign up terms for its Assistant are eye opening - it effectively silently tracks all browser-related activity.
- by Firefox user 13613804, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5A great simple plugin for more easily accessing Amazon Smile; The only issue is that visiting amazon will send the page into an infinite loading loop if you're browsing in Private Browsing mode.
- by RedaP, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Nice: install and forget about it. It would be helpful if it somehow was able to work without having to be already logged in at Amazon. An on/off toolbar button might help. Also, a preference setting to turn it on of off for each specific country domain would be useful.
- by Firefox user 13566518, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It works as intended, so that's good. It makes it impossible to browse the Amazon website if not logged in though, that's pretty bad. I'm not using privacy add-ons that (for example) destroy cookies (among other tracking bits) soon as I leave a site only to allow one of the biggest data collectors out there to track me at his leisure. I sure prefer to be unrecognized by Amazon until I actually decide to buy (or not buy) something there. Isn't it possible to have the add-on check if I'm logged in to Amazon and if not forgo the redirect? That would make it pretty much perfect.
- by Firefox user 13311009, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I had a different version of this until a few minutes ago when I updated to Firefox 57 and it stopped working. Searched add-ons, found this, installed in a minute and worked the first time I typed in amazon.com.
WORKS FINE. (to previous commenters) Doesn't have a toolbar button-doesn't need one, it simply changes any www.amazon link you type or click on to www.smile.amazon... before you get there. Activates itself. (in response to developer--the last version of a smile fix never had a button --it's not the sort of thing you'd want to turn off and on, I don't think, so why people don't notice it's working by just looking at the URL and seeing "smile" is in it is beyond me....)