Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by Jonathan Graham, a month agoRated 4 out of 5Works, but does get stuck when I am not logged in to Amazon (particularly on Firefox for Android). I switched to Amazon Smiley recently due to this, and the other extension being open source.
- by Kobold, a month agoRated 5 out of 5My Journey Started off with me customizing my search engines. God for google AMA for amazon, and SJW for wikipedio. However, after browsing amazon I remembered that smile.amazon.com is a thing that exists. So I went to the site to manually add the search engine to FF, however image my surprise when FailFox doesn't recognize that smile.amazon.com has a search engine. Which is completely absurd considering amazon.com is one of the few default search engines. So I check about:preferences#search, nope developers where retarded and didn't ability to add custom configuration in there. Moving along I check the truly customizable settings about:config, again nope developers pulled a Goonies Sloth. However, unlike him they are no hero but actual sloth and forgot the add the relevant settings for search menus in there. So, finally I check the third-party market and found this.
TL:DR: App does what it says it does and even works with the default amazon search and Firefox's containers. Example I have amazon.com open in the shopping container, with the default amazon search respond to amazon. So if I open a new tab click the url and search amazon dragons it turns the tab into a shopping tab loads the amazon webpage then redirects to smile.amazon.com to search.
- by Chris Barrick, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Where is the source code?
I am switching to the Amazon Smiley extension because the source code is readily available (https://github.com/eukaryote/amazonsmiley).
- by Firefox user 15189111, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I like this extension, but the infinite reload loop if you're not already logged into Amazon is really annoying. It's also hard for a user to figure out the cause of that problem. I assume this isn't an easy problem to fix, but if it was possible to display a notification at the time of the problem that would go a long way to making it what is otherwise a great extension more usable.
- by wolfgang8741, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Works great if you're logged in, but produces a redirect loop if you're not logged in for any amazon URL. (as stated in the description of the extension)
Source code license stated is LGPLv3, but cant find a link to the code for audit and contributions to fix this issue. Seems like a simple iteration count of the redirects could provide a bound for the loop of redirects and if count reaches limit break loop, alert user to login, and redirect to the Amazon login URL which should not be set to redirect.
- by Firefox user 15111760, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Works well when I type the amazon address myself, but when I click an amazon link from another source it gets stuck in an infinite loop of reloading.
- by reacocard, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Works if you're signed in, but produces a redirect loop if signed out. This breaks using amazon in private windows, where the user may not desire to be logged in.
- by Firefox user 14651535, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Works great for shopping, but unfortunately catches AWS websites as well as Amazon Commerce, so it breaks getting to console.aws.amazon.com. A feature to disable for *.aws.amazon.* would help greatly. I had to disable it.
- by justcherie, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5This used to work great but I just realized that I missed out on two Amazon Smile donations this morning because my page did not refresh to smile.amazon.com automatically like it used to.
- by Firefox user 14589727, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works well, one small issue is that if you click a direct product link (non-smile) while not logged in, it goes into a redirect loop until you open a new tab, go to Amazon Smile, and login. Doing that then allows the tab to load.
Other than that, works very well! Thanks to the dev.
- by Squeebly_Joe, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works great! It stopped working for me lately, not sure if it wasn't updating or if something else was going on, but removing it and re-adding it fixed the problem