Rated 4 out of 5by Krishna Kanth, a year ago
Its good and i like it. It works fine for me and I don't know this add-on existed. You don't need to waste any time because the assistant gives you relevant results.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13542925, a month agoOnce upon a time this was useful. I used it to add stuff from other sites to my Amazon lists so that I could keep everything together. The number of sites it has an error on and can't add has increased seemingly daily.
- Rated 1 out of 5by CDavis, 2 months agoThey removed functionality from it to try and force people to only buy from amazon, and when confronted about this claimed it was about "securing customer's account information". I'm a software engineer and that's a total blatant lie. All it needed to do was grab a few pieces of information from a page you already had loaded, your account information was never exposed at all.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Robb Dad, 3 months agoI find it pretty useful but on some sites, the "add to list" feature returns an error message when you submit a site.
The vast majority of the bad reviews are because the user didn't click the menu icon (3 horizontal lines, upper left of the Assistant window) and turn off the features they're complaining about.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Slither Mommy, 4 months agoSo Very Invasive! I put this add-on on my Firefox, thinking it would function like other, similar ones, and pop up now and then with a better price on Amazon, but nooo, it pops up on every page that sells anything, and no matter how many times I close it, it keeps popping back up, and it's offering the same item I'm looking at, but often for a HIGHER price than what I'm looking at, which is ridiculous. You're not offering me anything useful at all, and you're being way overly pushy about it. I'm uninstalling this, I just stopped long enough to write a bad review and I'm outta here. Ciao!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13568412, 4 months agoLike so many other people this add-on will break other shopping sites. Like bst buy.
This is major annoyance and should have been found by their developers BEFORE it was released to the public.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 11356348, 6 months agoIt used to work pretty decently, but lately it is quite buggy, on other shopping sites it reloads ad eternum, making hundred of thousand petitions in a minute.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Ann, 6 months agoThe current version is really obtrusive about popping up the panel to get me to buy on Amazon. I'm not opposed to shopping on Amazon, but I'd prefer an icon change. Since there's no preference to turn off the pop-ups while retaining on-demand use, I've disabled the add-on.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15610232, 8 months agoCauses a shopping site to constantly reload if the Amazon Assistant pop-up window doesn't display (as it can't find the product available on Amazon). This the effects multiple other addons. Disabled Amazon Assisstant app and the site stops refreshing.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12393914, 8 months agoI need a way to turn the Amazon Assistant Foxfire extension off and back on again for specific internet domains. The Amazon Assistant Foxfire extension continuous popups interfere with viewing with some websites. I have other Foxfire extensions which allow me to toggle their activity for specific internet domains at the click of an icon. Those other extensions respect that there is no way that an extension can effectively recognize whether it will always be useful on every site on the intranet, and they defer to the user's judgment.
The only way I see to turn off Amazon Assistant for a specific internet domain is to temporarily disable the Amazon Assistant extension.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Nikita, a year agoQuality spyware.
If Amazon isn't already cornering every market and pushing their products illegally on top of every page, help Amazon more by installing this spyware and spying on everything you do in your browser.
- Rated 2 out of 5by FMR, a year agoGot it and now REMOVED it because: I got the assistant for the price tracker feature. Now that this feature is gone, I have very little use for the add-on. It gets 2 stars because all it does is aid in maneuvering about the Amazon site...everything that can be done with a click or two of links already in the web site. Not very helpful anymore.