- by Firefox user 14559090, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add on was very useful until it disappeared because firefox says it needs to be signed now ... Please update that?As you all probably know by now, this was a bug in Firefox which affected all addons. Hotfix was sent out, and also Firefox was updated to a new version. If you still have problems, please update Firefox.
- by Darwin4Ever, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Same problem here ATH-button 1.1.12 freezes FF 56.0.2esr completely.
I can understand that it's not possible to maintain backward compatibility with all older FF versions, but it would be great to make an exception for the last FFesr compatible with non-webext extentions (actually 56.0.2esr).
Where can I find version 1.1.7 (version mentionned by mmmel4real as working) ? Which ATH-settings might be generating the issue ?
EDIT: I did some tests. The last version with a correctly working button is 1.0.58. From 1.1.1 on there are those problems (for 1.1.12 : Script: chrome://aios/content/aios_old.js:26)You can find all older versions (except legacy) on the versions page:
If you want the last legacy version, you can install a signed version from here:
(If you do this, I would suggest first _removing_ the Quantum version of ATH and restarting Firefox)
You can also download it zipped from here:
EDIT: In answer to your last question, as I said I am unable to duplicate the issue. If you want to see if there is a particular setting that triggers it, you can reset all options, and toggle them one by one to see if and when this becomes an issue.
EDIT 2: Can you contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org?
- by mmmel4real, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love this addon!
Bug: Versions 1.1.8 - 1.1.12 (so far). Firefox 52 ESR
Entire browser locks up when ATH toolbar button is clicked. Had to downgrade to 1.1.7. Tested with Firefox 59+ and v1.1.12 works OK. (I will stick with Firefox 52 though.)Thank you for your review. The latest version of ESR is 60 now, meaning Mozilla is no longer supporting Firefox 52 ESR. I've tested on ESR 60 and 1.1.12 seems to be working fine. I do not have plans to provide continued backward compatibility for versions that Mozilla is no longer supporting, since that can become an open-ended endeavor.
EDIT: I just tested ATH 1.1.12 on 52 ESR, on both Windows and Mac, and don't experience the problem you expressed. Perhaps there is a particular setting in ATH Options which triggers this issue, or maybe the profile you are using in 52 ESR is corrupted. (Note: you are not able to switch between 52 ESR and 60 ESR using the same profile without having data loss)
- by Firefox user 13859248, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Just installed Version 1.0.52 Update. Got a pop up suggested adding userChrome.css for styling tabs to indicate when suspended. However, the article for Modifying the Default Skin warns “Support for the userChrome.css file and any of its elements described below are not guaranteed in future versions of Firefox. Using it may lead to hard-to-diagnose bugs or crashes. Use at your own risk!” There is no such warning in the All Tabs Helper pop up or documentation (that I could find), so I gave it 3 star.Addons have no control over the appearance of tabs. Without userChrome.css there is no other option.
"There is no such warning in the All Tabs Helper pop up or documentation (that I could find), so I gave it 3 star."
- by Firefox user 12621138, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This addon is great and absolutely neccesary, but for me one thing is missing - could you please add a button in the search field to clear it (using mouse click)? It would be perfect :)
- by Firefox user 12417233, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5how does it get favicons? it looks as if it's downloading them...
it would be nice if the search box was focused, so that one could hit a hotkey and start typing to find tabs
Edit: Thanks! That's great news.
Typing initiates filter does not work on Waterfox, but it does on Firefox 60, so I guess I am out of luck :(
Open Sidebar is the only action for which hotkeys work, both on Waterfox and Firefox 60
Edit2: Ideally this addon could be used entirely with the keyboard; shortcut to open pop-up menu, start to type to filter tabs, arrow keys to select tab, del to close tab, enter to open tab.
Unfortunately none of these features work."how does it get favicons?"
Favicons are supplied by Firefox's internal Tabs API.
"it would be nice if the search box was focused, so that one could hit a hotkey and start typing to find tabs"
In Preferences/Options select "Typing initiates filter/search".
- by Andrew Ross-Skinner, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Really useful Addon - All-Tabs-Helper allows Firefox users to keep track on all tabs and (Windows) devices.
Through the Firefox SyncTabs addon, you can also keep track on remote devices and pull everything together - only downside to date is that I cannot find the equivalent on Google Chrome.
Many thanks indeed to Kevin Jones for All Tabs Helper!
KR Andrew Ross ;-)
- by Firefox user 14506254, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This addon is the reason for me to install firefox. I couldn't find search in open tabs feature on any other browser. Functionality in this addon should be added to browser vanilla versions.
- by bengelapen, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I love this addon.
Only one problem, all of a sudden when I right click on a tab, there is an entry in the menu that opens from ATH right on the bottom of the list. Very annoying because normally that bottom one is for clicking to close the tab.
Can that be changed in some way.
- by Pierre de Grenoble (France), 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Sans doute mon extension préférée parce que l'une des rares dont je ne pourrais pas me passer et aussi parce qu'elle augmente ma productivité de manière incroyable. Grand utilisateur de très nombreux onglets dans mes différentes sessions (profils) Firefox, j'ai longtemps utilisé la fonctionnalité Pandora puis Tab Group quand Mozilla a abandonné la fonctionnalité Pandora. Puis Tab Groups a été abandonnée par défaut de portage via l'API WebExtensions. Aujourd'hui je préfère utiliser All Tabs Helper que le relais Simple Tab Groups compatible WebExtensions que je n'ai jamais testée, ayant adopté All Tabs Helper en l'absence d'un autre gestionnaire similaire et avant la disponibilité de Simple Tab Gtroups. Mon choix est motivé par la gestion très efficace de la mémoire et par la versatilité de l'interface offrant plein d'options d'organisation et de gestion des onglets et ceci de manière très efficiente. Une mention spéciale au développeur Kevin (many thanks Kevin!) très réactif en support lorsque des bugs sont signalés et qui en outre enrichit constamment son extension.
- by AL, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Love this Add-on. Been using it for ages. I thought once Quantum hit that it would lose all its usefulness and functionality, but the dev has done a good job of tackling whatever issues there were because it seems to work pretty great now. My only concern was the ability to suspend specific tabs as opposed to all tabs, but thankfully the dev has addressed this as well and it's as simple as right-clicking on the tab in ATH and then hitting Suspend Tab, super simple. So all is well and I couldn't be happier! Thanks!
- by JdbyeRox, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5This has quickly become one of my must-have addons, I tend to not close tabs and the "switch to" feature of the AwesomeBar only works when it wants to, so I end up opening multiple of the same page. The ability to easily spot duplicate tabs, and also closing tabs more efficiently were what I looked for when I found this addon.
There seems to be a bug with the addon though. I can't find a way to save settings, there is no save button except for the one for CSS, and when I close the settings and open them back up, the changes are not saved.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoSettings should be recorded immediately, except for keyboard shortcuts and custom CSS, for which there are "apply" buttons. I am unable to duplicate this issue. Can you contact me through the support channel?
- by ulf3000, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5one of the best webextensions that exist imho ! 10000 stars from me !
small feature requests:
under the "dups" tab , please show the real tabtext and not just the domain name
bigger featurerequest :
when using the search tab , and clicking on an entry , when it switches to the tab please open the normal search bar automatically and paste the same text as in the search tab.
thanx for your hard work !
- by Pierre (aka Terdef), 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hi, Kevin,
This extension should be mandatory. Once used, we can not do without it.
How could one live without?
In selection "all" and "recent": Option "alphabetical sorting" (except pinned)
In selection "search": after a search, option "delete all" ("close all those found") (except pinned)
Some slowness currently
Used simultaneously, mainly, with Ghostery, Privacy Badger, Decentraleyes, Addblock Plus, VTZilla, HTTPS Everywhere and CanvasBlocker.
Thanks a lot,
- by Firefox user 10808864, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hey! Thank you for this great addon! I got this issue on Mac that makes it difficult to close a tab: is there any way address this problem?: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv8gukvwzy6p44r/AllTabsHelperIssue.png?dl=0
Developer responseposted 4 years agoSystems using on-demand scrollbar feature (as in your case) do not account for content at the edge of a window and thus will obscure the content when the scrollbar appears. Unfortunately addons do not have a way of detecting system settings.
You still have the option to select the tab(s) and close them from the context menu.
UPDATE: I have added an option in version 1.1.9 where users can statically force a margin to the right of the close buttons. This experimental feature is not an ideal solution, but at least users with Mac on-demand scrollbar setting can access the control buttons.