adaware ad block never collects personally identifiable information. All data collected is transferred through an encrypted secured connection and any retained values are stored in an encrypted format.
Information collected when you use adaware ad block browser extension:
When installed and during use:
1. Install date
2. Browser family, version, language & locale
3. Ad block version & locale
4. Internet Protocol (IP) address
6. Update date
7. Uninstall date
8. Feature state (on or off)
9. Install source
If “block dangerous sites” feature is enabled, the following is collected in order to make adaware cloud service (ACS) functional:
Note that a list of known safe websites is downloaded to your local machine. If the site you’re visiting passes the preliminary safety scan against this list, no URL information is sent to our servers.
1. URL of potentially dangerous site
2. Warning page event
• Event for “continue to site” or “back to safety”
3. Event for downloading preliminary lists for local scanning
4. ACS average latency
5. ACS total calls per day
6. ACS errors
7. ACS average wait time
8. ACS max wait time
Information collected if you agree to “share anonymous usage data for product improvement”
1. URL of all blocked sites (when adaware warning page is shown)
2. Domains that are whitelisted/unwhitelisted
3. YouTube channels that are whitelisted/unwhitelisted
• YouTube locale
4. Enabling/disabling ‘block pop-up’ feature
• URL when interaction occurred
If Installed through Web-Companion:
adaware may share aggregate statistical information with third parties in an effort to educate industry leaders on the need for less aggressive advertising techniques. This information cannot be aggregated in such a way as to personally identify you in any way.
Last updated: January, 2017.