After downloading this Addon, instead of the multiple search engines, a google custom wizard for creating your own search engine opened, hung and could not be dislodged by any means. I finally had to do a Vista System Restore back to a point before the install and that fixed the problem. FF 3.6.25 and 9 were working fine prior to this attempted install.
it would be great if it worked. it does not show up in my list of extensions or on my taskbar. when i tried to reinstall it told me it was installed. Because it does not show up i cannot remove it. It shows as a valid extension for the latest firefox but it has not been updated since 2010 .
I know I am not supposed to post bug reports here, but I cannot access the web site to post it with the developer
I installed this search engine, and when I tried to use it, I got the following error: Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://addon.100searchengines.com/texis/open/search?" on this server. Reference #18.d0ba46e.1502309155.f7fb9f
The web page where I got that error is http://addon.100searchengines.com/texis/open/search?q=You+don%27t+have+permission+to+access+%22http%3A%2F%2Faddon.100searchengines.com%2Ftexis%2Fopen%2Fsearch%3F%22+on+this+server.
Just a follow-on to my comments of 10 May 2014. This meta-engine continues to do an outstanding job in the current version of FF, running under Win 7-32 and -64 Ultimate. (Yeah, I know ... .) Zero prob's so far. Good, de-cluttered returns, often with hits I don't get with the you-know-who engines. Highly recommended.
Tried to add this to Palemoon 24.7.1(86) in Win8.1 32bit and received this error: Pale Moon could not install the search plugin from "https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/latest/89654/addon-89654-latest.xml?src=collection&collection_id=87651921-2f85-e26c-0061-06efecc8e56f" because an engine with the same name already exists. Since no clue as to the identity of the conflicting addon is provided, I removed all addons having anything to do with searching in function or name, to no avail. Googling this error type produces many instances of search engine option addition problems and and eclectic set of other issues but no non-major effort "might work" solutions. This addon installed fine in a practically virgin install of the latest FireFox though.
I was very pleased with this add-on, it gave you many more useful links than others. But somewhere along the line of FF updates this add-on stopped working. Even the support site doesn't seem to work anymore. I would welcome reactivation or a good alternative.
I installed then (with great difficulty) removed this, from a Vista system running Seamonkey. I think the assorted conflicts are a combination of both Vista and Seamonkey idiosyncrasies - or more specifically it is not designed to work with them, thus causes multiple tier crashes. Can be very frustrating trying to get rid of it. I needed 'roll-back', then re-install Seamonkey.
Not recommended for Seamonkey on Vista systems, unless you're a masochist!