Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by Gorbasa, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5Чтобы браузер не тормозил как осел, нужно при добавлении страницы нажимать на кнопку "расширено" и убрать птичку "Подсвечивать изменения". Чтобы Update Scaner не выделял желтым цветом изменения, потому что это тормозит Firefox ОЧЕНЬ СИЛЬНО. И еще при нажатии на ссылку переходим СРАЗУ на нужную страницу. Попробуйте!
The browser is not impeded as a mule, one should add a page to click on the "extended" and remove the bird "Highlight Changes." To Update Scaner does not change is highlighted in yellow because it slows down Firefox VERY MUCH. And when you click on the link go directly to the page. Try it!
- by Firefox user 5962330, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on is extremely usefull, thanks a lot. I have been using it successfully for some time.
But with the current version 3.1.8 and Firefox 7.0.1 on windows XP SP3, I have a big problem : when asking to display the page with modifications it takes around 90 seconds with very high CPU usage that blocks Firefox and even other applications.
Can you have a look please ?
- by rob64rock, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5This a great extension that I recommend to many friends.
For those think the Update Scanner Scanned Page header takes up to much page content area space try:
- by stubi, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very good. It does not only show you what page changed but even what text changed there. I just have to read the yellow marked text - perfect. Saves me a lot of time.
- by Artem S. Tashkinov, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5Update Scanner still generates broken delta pages which lack CSS styling and images (I'm using this extension on Russian Groupon: http://www.biglion.ru/)
- by DimidUA, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5Хорошее дополнение.
Но есть один существенный недостаток: если на сканируемой странице была какая-то информация, которая в последствии исчезла, то сканер ничего не покажет. Если бы он каким либо образом показывал какая информация удалена со сканируемой страницы, было бы очень хорошо.
- by Ken Saunders, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5Updated version is here so no need to bump up anything.
Thanks for the update, and for consistently maintaining this priceless extension.
I love it
- by poum, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5Just modified the max version number to 5.* in install.rdf in the latest xpi (3.1.5) and I was able to successfully install and use Update Scanner.Great jobs; thanks
- by Dave_Se_Wave, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5On of my all-time favorite add-ons for firefox!Works flawlessly on firefox 3 and 4. Don't know why it's just supported to download it for Firefox 4.0b8 - 4.0.* here.If you need to check changes and updates of several websites regularly, this is your add-on!
@Sporitus: you probably did not see the small blue arrow-button in the left bottom corner. It changed from version 3 to 4, but you can easily drag this button back on the top menu bar again...
- by klonos, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5Almost perfect!
Could use an ignore list that would support both text and regular expressions. Besides an ignore list there could also be a watch list that would alert only when text that matches that list is found on a page. Once again, regex filtering is a must!
- by David Rees, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5Simple and effective! Also has a good forum for asking questions and making suggestions. Quickly becoming an extension I use every day.
I have not tried SiteDelta yet so I can't compare.
- by Firefox user 5605504, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5UpdateScanner is much more easy to handle and more accurate than SiteDelta! - But UpdateScanner seems to have some bugs interfering with other software (e.g. the UPEK fingerprint reader AddOn for FireFox, which results in high CPU load with the fingerprint Tray application). - But this might only a small, but annoying bug which is fixed in one of UpdateScanner's next versions ... - Anyway UpdateScanner is the better choice to avoid false positive alerts - and it is easier to configure, but with better results! - UpdateScanner also allows to make folders for its bookmarks - and the complete structure is saved, so that after reinstalling UpdateScanner your bookmarks are still there where they were before! - Even selecting a simple new soundfile for notification is made more easily with UpdateScanner than with SiteDelta: so you'll see that UpdateScanner has the better "internal" concept than SiteDelta, which offers dozens of settings and a complicated website area markup mechanism: totally useless! ... See by yourself!
- by altyoni, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5It works very well, do exactly what it promisses, but I think it could be better , at least for me, if the individual sites settings were stored in favorites (could be in tags??)! So I could keep my browsers in sync, since it is not an online service where I could leave these sites saved on your servers!
I think it's a good idea, no?!
I hope you implement this feature in next releases!
Developer responseposted 10 years agoA fine ides - and it's already implemented.
Check your bookmarks. You'll find a folder called "Update Scanner's Pages" containing all of your Update Scanner sites. The site properties are stored as "Annotations" to these bookmarks.
Note that if your Sync service doesn't handle Annotations, your settings won't be synced, but the pages should still be synced correctly.
For more details, check the FAQ and the forums.