Rated 4.7 out of 5
4.7 Stars out of 5
- by scrub, 25 minutes agoRated 5 out of 5Signed up specifically to leave this review after seeing the nonsense 1 star reviews in response to permissions prompt from the latest update. Per the other comments, READ THE RELEASE NOTES.
This is a fantastic add-on and Raymond Hill is an absolute champion. This project refuses donations and instead urges users wishing to offer their support to donate instead to the maintainers of open source filter lists, contrast this with say Adblock Plus and its "Acceptable ads" program which involves charging large institutions fees to whitelist their advertising.
Don't be a muppet and post knee-jerk 1-star reviews for an app which has done so much to keep the internet USABLE for so many of us. Do your research.
- by Firefox user 14054604, 43 minutes agoRated 5 out of 5Still a great add-on. Regarding the recent update requiring IP and hostname permissions, see the dev's official statement on this below:
uBO requires a new permission, dns, which is required to solve issue 780. This may triggers a new permission warning from Firefox when uBO updates to the latest dev build, specifically 'Access IP address and hostname information', even though this was already possible for uBO to access that information (through the webRequest API)"
- by Dan, 2 hours agoRated 1 out of 5DO NOT INSTALL THIS ADD-ON, it will steal private information from your device(s). There is absolutely no reason for this add-on to need your IP address and hostname.
- by Neurone, 4 hours agoRated 1 out of 5User Permissions !?!?
You want what ?
My IP address and name ?
Literally everything you should NOT be asking for.
Make the explanation concise and bulletproof.
(finger hovering over the uninstall button)
- by That Guy, 4 hours agoRated 5 out of 5Hey, uBO requires new permission, but I won't check what's it's for on the main plugin page in "release notes" section. I'll use the feedback form on the same page and give this plugin 1 star with question what the new permission is for. Me is genius.