- by Firefox user 12413881, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Since some weeks it does not work anymore on a "normal" Firefox on Windows (I use the latest ff version 76.0.1). When I click on the random bookmark icon a popup opens, saying "Loading Your Bookmarks - Sorry, wait a moment until your bookmarks are preloaded". This message does not go away, even after deactivating and activating the plugin.
Update: With the newest version available (i have 2.0.9 installed), the plugin works again. Thank you for the fix!
- by Firefox user 15068670, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5could you please update it for it can use on android firefox ;_ ; i really want use it on phone firefox... but it doesn't work on mobile. i anytime appreciate your work thx reading ;)I'll look into rebuilding it when i get some time from the ground up. I want to optimize it.
Edit: I just reviewed the documentation on what I have access to and unfortunately, getting bookmarks is not supported on Firefox for Android. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/bookmarks
- by Firefox user 15057378, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This add-on has some real potential for me, and may be just what I've been looking for. I just have a problem/question (or two).
Can I select a specific folder to choose from when I left click the Add-On icon from the toolbar?
I've gone into the Random Bookmark Settings, selected and saved a folder to choose from. Yet still, when I click on the Random Bookmark icon, the add-on seems to choose a bookmark from ALL of my bookmarks, instead of the folder I have chosen. Is this how it's intended to work?
It does limit it's choice when I right-click the folder, only choosing bookmarks from that folder, but when I click on the icon for the add-on, it chooses a bookmark from all of my bookmarks.
PS: Do you know of a way to launch the add-on from Windows desktop? It would be really sweet to have a shortcut on my desktop that would activate this add-on.Hrmmm I haven't run into any problems myself with it still choosing from all folders. I say just try saving the settings again and see if that works. It is supposed to only pick from your selected folders. If you have NO selected folders, it loads up all your bookmarks.
I do plan on rebuilding it eventually though to optimize it better. This was my first addon i've built.
I'll also have to look into launching an addon from the desktop, i've never tried that myself. Sorry.
- by Firefox user 14315013, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Good add-on. Can you add a feature that allows the user to right-click on a particular directory (from the Bookmarks Toolbar) and then select "Open random bookmark from selected directory" -- then a random bookmark from the selected directory is opened in a new tab. This was previously a feature in this now-antiquated add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/random-bookmark/
Update: Thank you very much for updating the app. Can you add an additional feature that allows the user to right-click on a particular directory and open multiple bookmarks from that directory simultaneously? "Open 5 random bookmarks from this directory."
- by AnnanFay, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5~~It doesn't seem to work if you open a new tab. It will keep opening the new page in the old tab.~~
UPDATE: As the author explains in a reply you can change this behaviour in the settings.
I think the default settings are a bit weird. Of the three options it seems like the least intuitive setting.Hello,
There are options that you can set for the plugin.
The default is to open a new tab and keep using that tab.
If you want it to always open up in a new tab, you can change that in the options.
- by Firefox user 13529255, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Great! Just what I was looking for, except, it takes too long in between clicks to load another random bookmark.
Like, I click once, wait ~5 seconds and only then it starts loading a bookmark...
- by irripod , 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶-̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶i̶z̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶
̶P̶.̶S̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶F̶F̶ ̶Q̶u̶a̶n̶t̶u̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶'̶R̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶'̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶.̶
IT WORKS GREAT NOW. THANK YOU!
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi irripod, which version of firefox are you using? I've only tested with Firefox Quantum (57) and i'm currently unable to reproduce what you're describing.
Edit: I have no clue how else to contact you but i've updated it in 1.0.2 so that the options page is in its own window now. Hopefully it works for you now.