Rated 3.7 out of 5
3.7 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13777724, 13 days agoRated 1 out of 5MBFC accuses CNN of being "strongly left-wing" and the Economist as being "least biased". That should tell you everything you need to know about how flawed their "fact checking" is.
- by 12bytes, a month agoRated 1 out of 5this company, Media Bias Fact Check, LLC, has NOTHING to do with determining media bias - it is entirely about censorship and promoting mainstream narratives
please people, don't let companies do your thinking for you
- by grahamperrin, a year agoRated 3 out of 5No longer maintained.
https://github.com/JeffreyATW/mbfc_icon/issues/10 directs users to an extension for Chromium-based browsers, which can be added to Firefox 79.0 (with Chrome Store Foxified) however the extension is mostly unusable.
Better, for Firefox:
- by Firefox user 14159406, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5no color-coded icon. tried on multiple news sites: CNN Breitbart NYT . And what makes this extension "official"? sounds like fake news to me as it isn't worth a tinker's gob
- by Junaid Ahmed, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5A very welcome work, but unfortunately the ratings themselves are sometimes biased. It's not very accurate to give BBC & Al Jazeera the same left-center rating. They usually have very different outlook about almost anything. I never felt BBC is anywhere near liberal. Also it shows a well known- highly anti-Minority, pro-BJP Indian news outlet Firstpost as "Left biased", same as famous libarel media Huffingtonpost!
Needs more research by neutral, highly educated source/person.
Probably has a memory leak.
- by Chris G, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I really like this extension, but it slows my browser down. I have a couple dozen installed and after disabling them all one by one, I determined that this was the one that was causing the performance problems. It seems to be slowing down page loads by a second or more. If it can be refactored to improve performance, I will consider using it again.
- by Julian, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Nifty little add-on. Don't put all your weight in what some addon says; it's just supposed to alert you that what you're reading may not be entirely accurate or be changed in favour of a certain view. No source is useless, though some sources may be very inaccurate.