Rated 4.4 out of 5
4.4 Stars out of 5
- by KitB, 4 days agoRated 1 out of 5As others have said: was fine until recently when it started adding pop-ups of its own. Absurdly bad ad-blocker now.
It absolutely doesn't matter that this feature can be opted out of. I already tried to opt out of ads by installing the add-on in the first place. I'm now opting out of ghostery's ads by just uninstalling it. ublock origin does the job just fine as, I'm sure, do many other ad-blockers that don't stuff their own ads down your throat.Hi, notifications can be turned off in Ghostery's extension settings: Click the Ghostery icon in the browser > click the three stacked dots > click "settings" > click "notifications" > adjust accordingly. To turn off Rewards: Click the Ghostery icon in the browser > click the three stacked dots > click "settings" > click opt-in/out > un-check the box that reads "participating in Ghostery Rewards" Reach out by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- by Remmer, 4 days agoRated 1 out of 5Ads/Promotions from it keep popping up and can't be turned off
- by Firefox user 16481998, 4 days agoRated 1 out of 5It was a friendly old ghost, but now it joined the dark side. The Rudy Giuliani of Firefox extensions..
- by Firefox user 13148581, 4 days agoRated 1 out of 5Too much spam from this Extension
- by Firefox user 16480117, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5Suddenly began to show Black Friday ads some days ago. Do not trust this extension any more. Questionable business ethics. Uninstalling.
- by UltraByt3, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5Ironically, this add on spams you with ads almost every single time you open your browser. Stick with uBlock Origin!
- by HomogenousSimalacrum, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5Worked great for me for several years, never had any issues until the last few months, just the occasional notification of an update.
Now every time I launch Firefox I get a pop up ad from the add-on for black Friday or something else I don't care about or want to see.
Cannot recommend installing in it's current state.
You were the chosen one! you were to destroy the ads not join them.
- by Firefox user 13667143, 5 days agoRated 2 out of 5Works, but lately it feeds you a bunch of ads. Very disappointing, but I'll be moving on to some other solution because of it.
- by alcarinque, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5too much ads
- by M P, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5It'd be hilarious if it weren't so aggravating: an ad-blocker that spams you with its own pop-ups. Whoever is managing Ghostery needs to go. Uninstalling.
- by Firefox user 16478687, 6 days agoRated 1 out of 5Was great at first. In the past few months, every time I open my Firefox it pops up an ad for something or other.
- by Dgrim, 6 days agoRated 1 out of 5ghostery has become what it is supposed to block. Keeps spamming it's own adverts in the form of popups. once good now useless bloatware trash. To Dev response: I did all that before making my review and it still popped up the special ghostery offer every single time I opened browser. The issue is now resolved by removing ghostery from my browser. Ghostery was redundant anyway since I run abp and don't have to deal with pop-up from them. I am also going to say that I highly doubt this has a legit 4.4 star rating and going to suggest that it only does due to click bots.
- by Firefox user 16478468, 6 days agoRated 1 out of 5I don't care how good it works.
It showed me a popup today to checkout "today's deal".
- by Pnoexz, 6 days agoRated 1 out of 5Every time I start firefox it shows an unwanted popup.
- by Druganov, 6 days agoRated 1 out of 5Popups for shopping at black friday. WTF? i especially don't expect that from a privacy add-on. uninstall directly.
- by Rentapest, 6 days agoRated 3 out of 5Wanted a little bit more privacy on my browser, so tried this addon. Worked ok for a while, and was non-intrusive until recently, when it started to prompt me EVERY time I open my browser, to redeem a "coupon code" for some payed service I'm never going to use. I clicked "x" on 3 seperate occasions, it asked me today, and it got removed. ^_^ 3 strikes etc. Disabled "unlock rewards" in settings, and no other setting to disable spam/ads.