- by Dragos, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5I am at a point where I can't use youtube on other browsers because of these missing features. However since the last big update the auto expand feature does not always work, I'd say once every 3 to 4 videos I have to manually expand the video to fit the entire screen. Also, the buttons are transitioning very slowly (3-4 seconds since clicking until something happens), sometimes they stay folded and the three dots do not appear at all until refreshing the page.
- by megaslx, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5"Automatically expand the video player" doesn't work most of the time on the latest version.
I honestly don't like this revamp. control button is far away from the center of the screen.If you use a large monitor it's not user friendly
- by theBaldGuy, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5The pop-up window shouldn't have a border and you should be able to customise the positions of the hotbar function buttons (move them around and remove the three dot acces). A "audio only" function would be nice to have as well. Other than that, it is really great!
- by Alex, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Yeah what others have said - these latest updates (I'm using 220.127.116.11) when proceeding through a playlist, the first video plays at the preferred resolution, but the "next" video in the list doesn't. I presume it's a bug, hopefully it can get fixed soon?
- by Frousties, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5I think the last update is alright design-wise. The problem I have with it is that it's BUGGY. Auto-expand does not work correctly anymore and it's very annoying to have to enable it manually each time. Also the import settings feature does not work correctly between old and new version.
Good thing the version history exists, because until all the problems mentioned by other users get resolved, I'll keep using the old ones.
- by AKSKMY, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5The latest review that made the buttons collapse when not in use is useful but there is something else updated that prevents videos from automatically expanding to the viewport which was fixed before this update. Please revert that setting. It was only fixed in the previous update after so long and now its having the same issue again.
- by Firefox user 16729333, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5The latest update certainly added too many buttons that needed to be trimmed down, plus an annoying message in the corner. The new "boost volume" feature was a nice addition however that i've already used a few times.
- by GVP22, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5The latest changes made to this addon have forced me to go back to an older version, because I have a widescreen monitor. I don't want to move my mouse all the way to the right side of the screen to activate cinema mode. It's very annoying on the wrist. Previously the button was located at the bottom center of the screen, which is where the mouse cursor naturally tends to be located. Also there was another update which added the three dots UI icon that you now have to click/hover on before the cinema mode button appears, yet another pointless user action that adds nothing but annoyance. With addons like this the only thing that really matters (to me) is the efficiency / ease of use. Every single wasted click or mouse movement negatively impacts the user experience, this is especially true if you spend a lot of time on YouTube like I do. I still happily give this four stars because the 'old' version is excellent as always, and the negative aspects of the newer version may not bother other people as much.
- by Firefox user 12744894, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5It's basically a 5-star add-on, full of features, but even after a big update I still have following problem. when I use boost volume, the change speed option stops working... I'm on aurora update currently ff 87 and nightly ff 88 - -this is FF problem as brave browser works ok
- by iIiThe1iIi Games, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5It's a great extension that can do a lot of great things. However,
The recent update this extension has recieved is not very stable and doesn't affect EVERY video. To solve this I would reccomend maybe adding a feature to revert to the older version or toggle back to the less stable new one.
- by Ify, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Pls i hate this new interface, it's blocking all my youtube bottom screen, i can't even see youtube timer. you guys can hide all the icons in a dropdown or something, just take it of my screen for god sake, Thanks i always love your app until this ugly large icons update..
I some how was able to edit it and take off some icons from "Extension Toolbar", But still the icons are large, needs to be resized thanks.