- by JoeGP, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Doesn't work very well.
I had the 'pause video in background tabs' selected, but then when i would click on that tab, the video was still paused (i did not have the 'pause foreground tabs' selected), it doesn't autoplay. (and no i don't have autoplay disabled)
Also the whole feature itself is pointless since videos opened in background tabs are paused anyway, i think it's a feature youtube itself implemented at least 6-12 months ago (at least on Chrome)(to save bandwidth and to make sure you watched those ads) and then they autoplay when you click on them, just as they should.
When the video ended it would loop, even though i did not have that selected.
Then when i came here to write this review i saw that the +Add to Firefox button is still blue, so i clicked it, which i guess uninstalled the "old" one and reinstalled it ?
Now the video doesn't loop anymore, in fact i can't find the loop setting anymore in the settings (it's still in the toolbar), so maybe it got an update.
The default volume level setting is fickle, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Which is a shame cause that is it's best feature.
The description to the Remove Ads button says that right clicking on it disables Annotations, this again doesn't seem to work, or at least it doesn't toggle the setting in youtube and i couldn't find a video with annotations to test it. Also you can just disable annotations in the youtube settings, not sure why this is even needed.
In fact i'm not sure if the whole extension is even needed, it just doesn't do many useful things, for me anyway, and what it does do, doesn't work consistently, how this got featured is beyond me.
Also the +Add to Firefox button is still blue, does that not change to a green "Already added" button ? does Firefox/Mozilla not have that ability ?
- by XCanG, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I come here after Userscript Youtube+ written by ParticleCore, mostly because when Youtube adding new stylings and ParticleCore don't have time to work on rewriting his script under it. It have features what this addon still not have since first day youtube released styles for all. I hope you can look at his addon features: https://github.com/ParticleCore/Particle/wiki/Features and as code is public you can get an examples.
What features I really wanted?
• I think the most important for me is playlist control: reverse button for playing videos from newest to oldest and play/not next video from playlist (sometime I not want to automatically jump to the next video, I relisten some music twise or triple times before I think I can switch to the text video, manually (actually I can toggle button for automatical switching work if I need focusing on something else)).
• The second important for me is seeing how many videos this channel has right after nickname. This feauture compleately lost from some old youtube design and I very miss it.
Another features I use frequently:
• watching videos in search or channel in grid (compact) view (and using elipsis in video names to short name, unless I hover on it),
• hiding comment section in a spoiler (it's a wonderful passive ability, cpmments not loaded until I really them to read, because I mostly use youtube for music and scroll down to check desciption only and I no need stupid comments at all),
• drawing screenshot from the video moment to canvas for futore copy and paste in discord or saving as image,
• with the above hide and seek frame by frame by using Shift + Arrow Left/Right for get exactly frame I need,
• popping up video in new minimal window, I also use autohotkey for removing borders, make it always on top and position in one place. With that I place some MV's in the special area and coding in my IDE, while watching video, I really lost this ability without external tools.
• also feauture for opening videos section by default instead of main channel page, probably I not look at it in 99% times when I search channel for interesting content, I only need videos and playlists on the channel, so I still want to use this feauture to navigate without extra loading and waiting time (it really boring after many times),
• also used small checks for removing unnessesary panels for me, such as recommended channels (yt still sucks in recommending)
Also I will be appresiated if flowing video will be able to move (with saving position) on the screen instead of hard fixing it in one of the corner. I probably use large size of it, I hate smal size of viewpots, but the comments what may be under it sometimes I still want to read and this require for me to temporary move my vid from bottom-right corner to top temporary (after reading and may be responding I put it back to the place).
Also as you have no popup option I will be appresiated if you can add at least fake fullscreen option (video will be just adjusted on the all space without saving aspect ratio), it's like an opening embed video link what I do now to make popup windows.
Anyway in your way your addon not so bad, just for me it not so convinient and I can't use more potential from Youtube what I use with mentioned userscript, without it I spent more time to do or setup several things I do in one click before, such as popup or showing channel videos by default.
- by Firefox user 13397866, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I being shadow banned and censored so i am not a happy camper. I never talk about something i have not researched out for myself vetting anything i talk about. The problem is they don't want people in the united states to know the truth. It about time people break free of their tv's and realize you been lied to about everything. Everything is inverted because that what satanist do ! So I am not to happy when my fellow Americans do not stand up for this injustice the rich keep putting our loved ones in prison for stupid shit and here the mob is in full swing in our government! wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM FOR THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- by Firefox user 13728547, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I like the sheer level of control I get over most things, but I do have a few issues:
The biggest is that it seems like volume gets screwed with if there is another video in a tab. Like there's a maximum amount of volume you can have and the programs have to share it (and that wouldn't be so bad if the majority of the volume of the front page was given the most volume)
A lesser issue is that I would like to be able to have the video appear in the top left/right instead of the bottom.
- by Negativeions, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Addon is not bad. Just a couple of things I'd like to see changed.
1) On a mac when you two finger scroll (which is the equivalent of mouse wheel scroll) to adjust the volume when using the "natural" scroll direction, scrolling down increases volume while scrolling up decreases volume. Just have a setting that reverses the scrolling direction, maybe have it say something like "use natural scroll direction" under the setting for adjusting volume of youtube videos with scroll wheel.
2) Really all I wanted was an addon that auto-pauses videos when I go to another tab while the video is playing. Firefox already auto-pauses youtube videos that are loaded in a background tab. That's not a big deal. The big deal is auto-pausing a video that is already playing in an active tab when you go to another tab. Is it even possible to do? Thanks.
- by KPG, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5As if it was even possible...they've gone and figured out how to improve your Utube experience! Using the Enhancer add-on is easy to do and by being able to customize your settings or restore it the defaults (should you get too excited and get carried away, lol) means you aren't pausing video's and playing with the "quality" settings every time you decide to move to a different "channel". Just one click and...all better. Now if someone could share the secret of how to "flip the mirror" with me (as some uploads do play as if you're watching the reflection in a mirror?!?) oorrr how to maximize the screenspace when someone's created a border that's constantly moving (very distracting for those of us with ADHD) I'd give ya's 5 bright & shiny stars...until that day 4(+1/2) is about the most I ever give because total perfection is scary so I don't go there!! Definitely NOT sorry I came across this add-on!
- by Gabriel R. Godoy, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5talvez seja porque eu não entendi a ferramenta inteira por completo, mas mesmo assim amaria bastante útil, só gostaria que fosse mais clara em cada uma de suas especificações