- by Thunder, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 52 stars for effectively giving me the ability to put dark mode on any website.
-3 stars for
1) making all my tabs run slower...significantly slower
2) not honoring my preference of not running the addon on certain sites. After setting a site to not use the addon when I return to the page, the addon will still sometimes applying theming to the page...sometimes incompletely. This sometimes caused text to become unreadable.
A change could be made to the addon to correct this...default to off. Let me set a preference for if I want to apply dark mode or light mode, and then let me turn it on rather than force me to turn it off when it doesn't work for a site. This would default to the addon doing nothing on any sites until I explicitly say I want to use it there. You could even set it so I can choose whether the addon is used by default or not used by default. Options are always good.
I have uninstalled this addon because of these problems. If I hear these issues have been corrected, I'll try it again.
- by Internet User, a year agoRated 2 out of 5I really enjoyed this until I realized it saves the sites you toggle even while in a private browser. If I'm in a private browser, I don't want anything saved. I don't care if I have to manually toggle the modes every time I open Firefox, I do not want my history saved in any way and this unfortunately does that. I even removed it and reinstalled it and it saved the old sites I had visited. Manually removing them is a pain. If this hiccup can be fixed, it'd be an easy 5 stars but my privacy concerns majorly knocked it down.
- by Karoline B Bakke, a year agoRated 2 out of 5I used to really like Dark Reader, until it seemingly ruined firefox for me. Now, I have some websites that will only work if I enable Dark Reader, as the text often is permanently white. This is a problem that has stayed even after I disabled Dark Reader. The only thing that works is completely reinstalling firefox. Some websites just don't look as good in dark mode, so not having the option to turn it off sucks. It also started slowing down my browser like crazy, so it has its fair share of issues.
- by djok, a year agoRated 2 out of 5I noticed the page loading on my laptops was very slow. I checked the connection, traceroute etc.
It turned out that it was this extension that delayed the loading of the website. It's understandable since it needs to translate the CSS of each page to dark mode.
The idea behind it is cool but the HUGE performance hit makes it not worth it.
It may work fine on computers with newest Ryzens but it sure doesn't work well on my company 1.7 Ghz CPU
- by Ari B, a year agoRated 2 out of 5This started out great but over time has become and increasing nuisance. It really would be best if it had some sort of machine learning in it that allowed intelligent display of a page based on the page's settings, not necessarily this app. Renders Ecosia searches illegible and frequently makes pages look dusty rather than making them more readable; dark grey text on a taupe background is actually really difficult to read. It also eats up memory like nobody's business. Won't be using again, i'll just turn down the whole screen brightness and deal with it.
- by Matze, a year agoRated 2 out of 5- Das Add-On macht das laden der Seiten sehr langsam.
- Die Farbwahl/Kontrast und Darstellung ist nicht besonders gut gelungen. Teilweise sind einzelne Texte überhaupt nicht zu sehen.
- by MX, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Hace que el navegador funcione muy lento, y eso es una cosa que valoro mucho de los navegadores, por eso solo le doy 2 estrellas, pero el resto de la extensión es perfecta, solo le falla eso.
- by Ama Zinger, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Auto-detect does not work at all, at least on Android. My phone is in night mode, but this extension completely ignores it. I remember when I could manually set when to turn this thing on, but seems like developer cut this feature.
- by Sinbad, a year agoRated 2 out of 5It used to work without problems but ever since the last update it works 5 times out of 10. Most times now I have to turn it off since it makes some major sites (like eBay, Amazon, and Google products) just load and run as slow as a turtle duct taped to a boulder. If it didn't have those moments of slow down then it would be the perfect product.