- by Firefox user 14614639, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Extremely poor. Veerrry slow. Completely useless. I've never seen such a slow running software. I do not think this developer has the talent for software programming.
- by JokeDeity, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I really like Dark Reader in theory, but in practice it's a mess. Most sites open 5x slower now that it's installed and when they do open, they quickly flash the original style in all it's bright white glory before taking a second to sloppily apply the darkness. I have a powerful PC with 16GBs of RAM so I doubt I'm alone on this. Again, I love what it does, just not the time it takes to do it, and I hate being blinded by the initial opening of a site or webpage.
EDIT: Had to lower my score again because it's actually gotten worse, now sites take up to 10 seconds to open and actually give an error that "a script in Dark Reader is causing Firefox to load slowly" (not verbatim). I will have to discontinue use of this for now, which makes me sad because I doubt there are any alternatives as nice as this.
- by Firefox user 14573906, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Let me get this out of the way: It's very well-designed. It does exactly what it says, and it does it in an intelligent way. It actually looks like an official dark mode on every site. The only problem is I can't use it effectively because it murders your CPU and nothing will load. And it's not like I'm on a Pentium 4 that can barely handle Firefox itself, I'm on a $200 hexa-core from 2 years ago running at 3.9 Ghz.
In short, it's well-done, but it's so poorly optimized it's virtually unusable. I would gladly go back to it if I could actually use it.
- by Sharon, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5few days my internet became so slow.
I couldn't understand what make my browsing so slow... until I have disabled the Dark Reader :(
really sad cause it was great idea
- by Firefox user 12239101, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Makes loading of certain sites load EXTREMELY slow, such as reddit.com, when enabled on such sites.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThe latest Dark Reader has several performance improvements, but some conflicts with other extensions were found since the latest release. Please, share your list of installed extensions, send it to email@example.com or create an issue on GitHub https://github.com/darkreader/darkreader/issues
- by Firefox user 13780359, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Slows down Firefox so badly. Even slows down my TST set up, which is fine with other darkify extensions. The features and capabilities are amazing, but this resource hog made using firefox unbearable in some situations, so I have had to remove it in favor of a more simple extension that still gets the main job done without slowing down my browser.
- by Каримдат, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5После установки расширения, ни сайты почти не грузятся, ни сам браузер. Даже в настройки с трудом входит, чтобы удалить расширение.
Firefox Quantum 60.0.2 (64-бит)
- by Firefox user 13903605, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I can't help but assume there is a bug, but while Dark Reader works as advertised, it completely destroys performance. I'm using a 2017 Macbook Pro and viewing even the simplest pages result in extremely laggy scrolling, page load, and even closing Firefox sometimes hangs. I initially assumed it was a problem with Firefox, but as soon as I removed Dark Reader, everything was fine again.