- by yakc130, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Using Firefox 71.0 64-bit. It is either on all the way, or off. When I loaded my location for the sunset setting, it did nothing. Always on day and night.
I finally decided to uninstall it when everything slowed down to a crawl and started breaking. Never had this happen before I installed it.
I guess that I'll just stick with f.lux instead.
- by titof_91, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5The most stupid addons of all the firefox life ! Don't use it.
How many dollars did you give to mozilla to put it on "recommended addons" ? 1.000.000 $ ? 2.000.000 $ ?
0,01 $ is too much for that stupid thing.
Please put off from "recommended addons" ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
- by Tanghus, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5This extension slows FF down to a crawl which makes it unusable for me.
The dialog may seem intuitive, but when you have to wait for several seconds for the page to update, you have no idea of what's actually happening.
One star for the efford.
- by taosk8r, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5So, I decided to turn this back on, after trying this extension called 'Night Mode Pro' and finding it worked flawlessly where others had failed me. Went to google calendar, and was instantly reminded why I disabled this one: 'an extension is causing the page to load slow' or whatever it says.
Edit: this guy in another review has the exact wording, so Im gonna steal his image link:
60.9.0esr (32-bit) (the only one that works for my google phone).
- by Firefox user 13978280, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5The addon for me works like a charm on websites, however the addon suddenly today started to disabling my DarkTheme on firefox so now my newpage is white since darkreader cant touch it. I can reenable the darktheme and it works but thats a thing I wont do everytime i open firefox. Get it fixed, Im on Dark Night Mode plugin whilst this problem exists
- by teecee, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Sorry, 5-star if it works ...
But on so many sites (i.e. getabstract.com) it hangs and blocks complete firefox for minutes and minutes with a circling ball.
switching to light again: everything runs like a charm.
hoping for an update (I would change to 5-star again)!
- by Jerry, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Dark Reader is a fine extension that works like charm but then if it is so why 1 star. Reasons?
On a lot of sites, it works like it is killing the browser and browsing experience and most of the time, browsers dies and we have to start again by disabling or stopping the extension thus losing data. Tabs behave like they have been brought under a lot of pressure and they cannot handle it anymore.
Plus, the settings look great but not that appealing. If I have set certain settings on a certain web link and different on another, it doesn't remember when we are browsing again in a new session another time.
Also, my suggestions are also for adding modes for reading, viewing, watching, eye straining or more which dev can learn from other such apps or softwares.
Plus, I have some doubts about privacy and whether or not, this extension overshadows and records via facility it provides what we are doing when extension is enabled,
I hope dev will understand and see the link which i have provided to understand why i support this extension and will overcome these issues as soon as possible.
Also create an android and ios and windows app.
- by John Corliss, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Worked pretty much as advertised, but it calls out to Github. IMO, there's no reason for any extension to be calling home unless I allow it, and there's no option to stop this behavior so I'm removing this extension.
- by Firefox user 15214010, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5When you enable dark mode it doesn't work properly. Also what is not mentioned is that if you try to scan a QR in e.g. whatsapp web it doesn't work until you disable dark mode.
- by Firefox user 15118195, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Делает свою работу хорошо. Но пользоваться не возможно - слишком сильно замедляет рендеринг любого сайта, словно скорость интернета времен диал-апа.