- by Firefox user 14606785, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5I really liked this app, the only problem that I have is when I'm in wikipedia and some equations doesn't appear because they don't change color, probably the problem is that the extension recognizes this equations as images.
- by Alexander B., 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Well, the extension does an excellent job "darkenizing" most of the sites without losing readability.
But it does the reverse if applied to already dark-themed sites (either natively or via a Stylus theme). Also, sometimes text becomes unreadable and/or images invisible after applying dark mode. Manually whitelisting all such sites is cumbersome.
To deal with these issues, I would prefer any of the following mechanisms in this extension (or even better, all of them being configurable):
(a) have different mode for each tab;
(b) save last used mode for each site and apply it when opening it next time;
(c) use a list of sites to apply dark mode to (rather than not to apply it).
- by Costas, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I have tested ALL relative extensions and I can assure you that THIS is the one.
The fastest, the most beautiful, with only one drawback for novice users. The manual way for custom modes. A CSS tutorial is recomended for such cases.
- by Firefox user 14570926, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This just saved my eye balls! It works awesome, Thanks! The only con is that it requests permission to see all my data on web searches. Why everyone feels the need to invade privacy I will never understand.
- by Firefox user 14560203, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Works for most sites tolerably, however it breaks the kindle cloud reader (read.amazon.com) regardless of whether it's toggled on or off, and regardless of whether you put it in the whitelist or not.
- by moeburn, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Technically works, sometimes. But very poorly. I've seen other extensions do a much better job. This one basically has to have a custom stylesheet for each individual website to work properly, otherwise buttons are disappearing, menu items are vanishing, backgrounds are becoming transparent, it's not just changing the way websites look it's changing and breaking their functionality too.