- by Michael Alimax AL, 16 days agoRated 5 out of 5Wow amazing !! Finally I found the Desktop version of the PopUp Player YouTube Add-ons. I've been a fan of Mozilla Firefox since its inception. Although these add-ons are not at the very top of the search for add-ons, but after I use them they work very well as expected. Of course there are a few configurations that must be adjusted to suit your needs. Its name is YouTube Popout Player (not Popup Player) but the purpose and function is the same, namely being able to play the YouTube Mini Player flying over anywhere in Windows. Thank you very much for the creator of these add-ons as well as Software Developers, it is really very useful. Love From 🇮🇩 Indonesia.
- by Peter, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5This add-on does exactly what I was looking for. It always annoys me that Youtubes miniplayer disappears when switching to a new tab. This popout player solves that problem and does a great job!
- by Firefox user 16977028, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great, the only lacking feature is to be able to place the button icon on the video preview to have the opportunity to run video from the main page.
UPD: Yes, I know, but I would like to open the video in one click, as in this addon Popup Video(WebExtension).
Thanks for the excellent addon.
Developer responseposted 9 months agoThank you for the review!
If you right-click on any video thumbnail, there should be a "Open Video in Popout Player" and/or "Open Playlist in Popout Player" option you can use to open it directly.
If there's another use case you have in mind, feel free to open an issue on GitHub (https://github.com/rthaut/YouTubePopoutPlayer/issues), where you can add a screenshot to help explain.
- by alefith, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Perfect, the only lacking feature is to be able to place the popup when choosing a custom size.
Developer responseposted a year agoThis feature is now available in version 4.0.0. You can either manually enter the position values (similar to the size values), or you can set it to "remember" the size and/or position from where you last had the popup positioned.
- by Mtes, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Like this extension a lot. Asked a developer for an additional feature and it was implemented. Thank you.
Developer responseposted a year agoVersion 4.0.0, which should be available now, adds 2 new hotkeys based on your request: 1 for always closing the original tab (if you are on YouTube), and 1 for never closing the original tab.
- by Firefox user 15567412, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5been using this for ages plus a program called DeskPins that allows you to set a window to be always on top. (theres a setting that allows you to put a custom string in the window title that deskpins can search for) Unfortunately for the developer Firefox enabled functionality that makes this method redundant.
- by Tads, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I gave it 3 because the lack of "stay on top" and this one issue....
if you have the window open and then force quit Firefox for any reason then when you re-open it (with the restore session checked) the pop out window is now missing the "top bar" and you cannot close the window.
- by Firefox user 14977064, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Really great implementation, 5 stars if you can find a way to also ship it with "always on top" functionality. ;) But with five minutes of work on the individual's part, they could easily implement that themselves. Look up autohotkey and always on top in the same search folks. I'm not even sure add-ons for firefox can do something like that my self, considering that's more to do with your operating system than your web browser, lol.
- by Jose Ricardo Rodriguez Salinas, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension to get this cool feature, I've seen no issues with it, yet.
It is very handy to work with, let say now in my case, I've to do an essay, for which I'm learning out of someone's youtube videos, I can keep up writing without losing focus out of the LO Writer.
- by Firefox user 14625634, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Unfortunately doesn't work how i needed it to. the popout appears fine and comes up quickly when activated but it only stays on top of other tabs if i don't click or type anywhere! as soon as i have to click on something else it disappears which means i can't perform other tasks without the video going to the back. basically works exactly the same as if i were to open the video in a new window and will not stay on top of my other tabs while i am typing
- by Blogietiz, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5to make it really good the poput player has to be on top of the regular firefox page or in general on the top of everything so that you could use it while watching some other content in the background