- Rated 3 out of 5by wilburlikesmith, a month agoEDIT: changed to 3 stars for the thought, coming from a bandwidth saving background myself...
Now I remember why I didn't use it much previously before removing it. I wish it was a setting you can change, so that it does what it says in the description "Disable video with a single click..." unfortunately this is not how I experience it and would love for it to be toggle at least, my preference is to play the video and if I so decide, I'll click on the add-on icon to stop the video and then only do the audio... Please don't make it do anything when you click on the video, that must strictly stay YouTube controls to not confuse the users ☺
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16977910, 2 months agoI am so sad this extension doesn't work anymore.... It worked so well before.. I used it for the same reason the developer did, I listen to music on Youtube, just running audio saves bandwidth and RAM...
I will still leave my orginal comment here as a reference... so sad...
I love this extension.
Very simple, grey its off, Red it's on. I put the icon next to the search box, just a click to toggle on/off.
Youtube loads much faster with it as well. perfect for music and audio books.
- Rated 3 out of 5by dindon, 4 months agoGood idea... but for some reason the audio without video is much longer to load than the full video and seeking in the player is slow
- Rated 3 out of 5by Pedro Henrique, a year agoTip: Go to VLC media player > Preferences > Input/Decoders > check the 'Detailed' mode on the bottom > Video, and then uncheck 'Enable video'. Now, just press Ctrl + N on VLC media player and put a YouTube link. You can even minimize VLC and queue more videos while you're at it!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Sithu, a year agoWhile it technically works (as in you can press the button and it starts streaming only audio), it works globally. So you can't listen to audio in one tab and a video in another.
It works but GLOBALLY. I usually play lofi with this extension, sometimes, i wanna watch a quick youtube tutorial or something in another tab, i have to turn off the extension. it is becoming more & more annoying, so, I remove the extension, play lofi in 144px, then i watch my other stuffs.
Another thing is sometimes, the extension crashes, sometimes same video is being looped(note that i don't turn on loop function on youtube or other extension)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Owner Unknown, a year agoI gave 3 stars only so i can leave a review to ask some questions here in hopes to get a response from dev(s). Please pardon my ignorance if this is apparent to most.
1. If this is only for YouTube website then why do you need access to my data for "all" websites?
2. Will this work on the most recently updated version of Android Firefox?
(I use an add-on that allows me to turn off my display or navigate to another app while it still plays in background but am unsure if it reduces any bandwidth by doing this, only battery consumption)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17092010, 2 years agouseful, but can't lock the display speed. need that fixed.
- Rated 3 out of 5by kakao, 2 years agolove that extension & I want to report a bug. when I skip to some chapter of the video, it returns to 00.00 after like two seconds and replays from the beginning. please fix this!
- Rated 3 out of 5by LezBoyd, 2 years agoIt works and does what is advertised. That is its strength and weakness. By that I mean, what I choose to do (audio only or audio+video) is applied universally across YouTube.
However, given that YouTube is a varied platform in terms of content, it would have been great if there was an option to apply this setting on a channel-wise basis.
I am subscribed to certain science shows that require audio+video, and certain podcasts where I don't really need video and audio-only would do. Hence, it would have been great if I could configure these podcasts as audio-only and the science shows as Audio+Video.
Given that this extension hasn't been updated in 2 years, I have little hope that this will happen. But still, putting it out there.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Tien, 3 years agowas working nicely, but now youtube is sending me error messages and the videos are pausing. :/